Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. FUTURESTAR's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    173 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Question How to join (2) calls into one conference?

    If I'm on the phone with somebody and I receive another call, how do I join the two calls together so we're all on the same line? I know on the Bold you click the trackwheel and theres a "join conference" option.

    How does one accomplish this on the storm?
    MR. FUTURE STAR
  2. RHChan84's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,511 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,119 Global Posts
    PIN
    312a4d13
    #2  

    Default

    Hit the BB button and there should be a join call. I haven't done it In a while but its either join calls or connect calls.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  3. JRSCCivic98's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    14,514 Posts
    PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!
    #3  

    Default

    I don't belive you can join two incoming calls into a conference call. You must call the 3rd party to make a 3 way conference call. I honestly haven't needed to do it on my Storm, but on the 8830 it was like that.
  4. FUTURESTAR's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    173 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98 View Post
    I don't belive you can join two incoming calls into a conference call. You must call the 3rd party to make a 3 way conference call. I honestly haven't needed to do it on my Storm, but on the 8830 it was like that.
    That is more terrible news for the Storm. Why on earth would you be able to do it with every other blackberry but not the Storm? It's a simple feature in the OS that should be there.
    MR. FUTURE STAR
  5. CXXXV
    CXXXV's Avatar
    Guest
    #5  

    Default

    Sheesh it clearly says add participant when on a phone call.
  6. FUTURESTAR's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    173 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CXXXV View Post
    Sheesh it clearly says add participant when on a phone call.
    Sheesh you clearly didn't read the post as that has nothing to do with what I'm referring to.
    MR. FUTURE STAR
  7. nm6r's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FUTURESTAR View Post
    If I'm on the phone with somebody and I receive another call, how do I join the two calls together so we're all on the same line? I know on the Bold you click the trackwheel and theres a "join conference" option.

    How does one accomplish this on the storm?

    Are you sure this can be done on the Bold?

    I just tried on the Storm and it can only be done if I call both the other parties. It cannot be done if one or both of them call me. This is the way it has always worked on all of my other phones too.

    BTW, the Storm also has the JOIN key.

    Ray
  8. FUTURESTAR's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    173 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nm6r View Post
    Are you sure this can be done on the Bold?

    I just tried on the Storm and it can only be done if I call both the other parties. It cannot be done if one or both of them call me. This is the way it has always worked on all of my other phones too.

    BTW, the Storm also has the JOIN key.

    Ray
    Yes it can 110% be done on the Bold as my buddy does it all the time when we are on calls and somebody calls him and he clicks "join conference" and it brings us all on the line together.
    MR. FUTURE STAR
  9. bigman2's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,247 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98 View Post
    I don't belive you can join two incoming calls into a conference call. You must call the 3rd party to make a 3 way conference call. I honestly haven't needed to do it on my Storm, but on the 8830 it was like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUTURESTAR View Post
    That is more terrible news for the Storm. Why on earth would you be able to do it with every other blackberry but not the Storm? It's a simple feature in the OS that should be there.
    Did you even read what Civic said? Where she clearly said that the 8830 had to do it a certain way, different from what you said... So clearly not "every other blackberry" does it the same way.

    And honestly, whining about it isn't going to do anything to change the fact that it's different on the Storm for whatever reason. So you've got a choice:

    A) Keep whining about it and waste time, or
    B) Accept that it's different and get on with life

    I used to do freelance tech support type work for a small private practice of mental health therapists, and one of the things I picked up is that one of the best simple measures of a person's overall mental health is their ability to just say, "Oh well," when things like this happen. Accepting the fact that it's beyond their control, and not obsessing over it.
  10. dbregman's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    372 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    I am fairly certain that this is carrier specific. I know with T-Mobile I was able to do this, but not with Verizon. Is your buddy with the bold on Verizon?



    Quote Originally Posted by FUTURESTAR View Post
    If I'm on the phone with somebody and I receive another call, how do I join the two calls together so we're all on the same line? I know on the Bold you click the trackwheel and theres a "join conference" option.

    How does one accomplish this on the storm?
  11. Xpimp's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,702 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,703 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbregman View Post
    I am fairly certain that this is carrier specific. I know with T-Mobile I was able to do this, but not with Verizon. Is your buddy with the bold on Verizon?
    Exactly it is Carrier specific. The same way At&t and T-mobile can have up to a 6 way conference call and currently Sprint and Verizon can't. Its all in the Network protocols each carriers uses.

Posting Permissions