Can someone give me some CLEAR instructions on how to install themes onto the Storm 9530 via computer download NOT OTA?? How do I put them on the device?
    04-10-09 11:34 PM
    To install a theme from your computer is the same way you install an app. You open the app loader, browse for the themes alx file, checkoff the box next to the themes name and click next twice to install it to the device. Then you go to Options>Theme and click the name of the theme to use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 11:43 PM
    The themes have a *.jad extension.
    04-10-09 11:54 PM
    Can't then.

04-11-09 12:06 AM
    The themes have a *.jad extension.
    Those are OTA files, you will need to get an app to download the cod files to your computer. I'll see if I can find the post that contains the app you need.

04-11-09 12:11 AM
    Thanks!!! I'd appreciate it!!
    04-11-09 12:35 AM
    First download the OTAloader from the following link (RapidShare: Easy Filehosting).

Install the OTA Downloader to your computer.

Next take the link to the jad file and copy and paste into the OTA Downloader

Now it will download the cod files needed to install the theme and it will save them along with the jad file to a folder.

Take this folder and using mass storage mode put it on you media card in your BB.

Now on your BB go to your media app, click the bb key and click explore.

Next go to the folder you have the theme in, open it and select the jad file.

It should be it will ask you to download, click and install.

Last edited by ArmaK; 04-11-09 at 12:49 AM.
    04-11-09 12:46 AM
    Thank You!!! Wooooooo!
    04-11-09 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD