I dont have a desktop manager and i cant download and install themes on the air coz my phone doesnt have WIFI.. Can i install themes thru my memory card?
    07-05-10 06:31 AM
    You do have a data plan right?? If you don't, it's like having a car without a steering wheel, highly recommended to call your carrier and add it on...You can use your regular data plan to download OTA, you don't have to use wifi. Desktop manager is a free application, and is available for both PC and MAC.
    07-05-10 07:13 AM
    You do have a data plan right?? If you don't, it's like having a car without a steering wheel, highly recommended to call your carrier and add it on...You can use your regular data plan to download OTA, you don't have to use wifi. Desktop manager is a free application, and is available for both PC and MAC.
    i ddnt pay for the data plan.. its different here in our country.. and with the desktop manager the problem is i dont have a USB to connect my storm to the laptop so my only option is the memory card
    07-05-10 07:33 AM
    I did a trick with a .jad file, that I got through a download.

1. Copy the .jad file to your sdcard
    2. Open up your media icon
    3. Click on the menu button
    4. Click explore
    5. Find your .jad file on your sdcard (media card)
    6. Click on the .jad file

It should do an install just like OTA (over the air).

I hope this helps.
    does this work? do i have to unzip the jad file? or just put it there in my sd?
    07-05-10 07:35 AM
    You need the files on your memory card that you would need to install via desktop manager (ALX/COD files). Than follow the directions you posted, but click on the ALX file, not the COD file.

Have you considered just purchasing a usb cable? Around here, they are not much more than the cost of a McDonalds value meal...
    07-05-10 08:28 AM
    im from manila philippines , its so hard to find a USB for my blackberry here in our place.. you got IM or msn?
    07-05-10 08:35 AM
    If you can download the ota file on your pc, copy from their to the media card (assuming you have a SD adapter and reader) and install the .jad from the media card.
    07-05-10 08:44 AM
    If you can download the ota file on your pc, copy from their to the media card (assuming you have a SD adapter and reader) and install the .jad from the media card.
    i tried it. it ddnt work u have im or msn? please help
    07-05-10 08:51 AM
    it says that the COD is INVALID
    07-05-10 09:01 AM
    Be careful. Some themes I have downloaded messed the phone up until I deleted them and even still had things messed up some.
    07-05-10 10:44 AM
    I've downloaded several themes on my 9530 and they do not work very well. The ones I tried have eaten away at my app memory and I had to constantly reboot my phone. I decided to wait until I upgrade to another phone before trying again. I like the idea of themes, but for now I settle with changing my wallpaper regularly to give my phone different looks.
    07-05-10 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD