OK, as some of you know, I was having great problems accessing my Hotmail on my Storm; the emails were fine for about 4 weeks, getting 100% pushed to me and instananeously also. However, mid-last week it suddenly stopped and I wasn't getting emails.

I went on forums, called Vodafone 191, was emailing helplines for about a week to finally find a resolve.

This is what I did and my emails have been coming in seamlessley today (thank God!):

1. Delete all email accounts from your BlackBerry (you can just do one, but I prefer an complete fresh restart - it doesn't take long to set them up) and remove battery and SIM. Leave for now.

2. I had over 3,000 emails in my Hotmail Inbox. Apparently my BB was timing out whilst scanning it. Take down your Hotmail Server Inbox to below 800 emails. If you want to keep the old ones, then forward them to a different account or, like me, I archived my old messages in Outlook 2007.

3. Ensure that you have no emails with attachments over 5MB as this will perhaps time out the push scan.

4. Empty your deleted folder.

5. If possible, empty your Sent folder. I took mine down from 800 to about 150 emails.

6. Change your password on your Hotmail server (not neccessary I don't think, but it will create a fresh start in a away)

7. Reinsert battery and SIM and then resetup your email accounts as normal. Leave for about an hour and then get a few friends to send you test emails.

That should do it. As I say, it worked today, but if I fall into trouble, which I HOPE I won't then I shall post back.

EDIT: Emails will not come to your Storm if your Windows Live Messenger is open and signed in.

I hope this helps some others!
    Last edited by oliverlock; 12-23-08 at 10:25 PM.
    12-23-08 03:24 PM
    First post! woohoo =]

Windows Live has a policy that urges all their users to change their passwords every 2-3 months for security purposes. When that occurs, hotmail takes FOREVER to push your email to your phone. After about 2 weeks of slow emails, i got a message from BIS stating that they stopped getting emails from the hotmail server and i had to change my password through windowslive and reinstall my email account on my phone. yada yada..

Since then, I've moved to gmail using imap and have had no problems. I even get my emails on my phone before the gmail notifier alerts me on my computer!
    12-23-08 04:05 PM
    exacly, u DONT have to change password though, u just have to update the bis server..
    bis will automatically erase ur hotmail password, u have to go into email setup every few months and input ur same password to confirm with bis.
    I do this, and have never changed my hotmail password.. just make sure u confirm ur hotmail password every few months with the bis server under email setup.
    12-23-08 04:13 PM
    Yes, you are correct. When setting up my email, I read the disclaimer: we have to reinput our password into BIS every 90 days.
    12-23-08 10:24 PM
    ALSO: Emails will not come to your Storm if your Windows Live Messenger is open and signed in.
    12-23-08 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD