I've had the storm since December 1st. Since day one my buttons have been very flimsy, especially send and end button. But I stayed with the phone, the screen from the very beginning didn't press well so I tried the card trick and ended up sticking with torx trick. Now 2 months later my phone is starting to collect dust under the screen the buttons shake side to side and screen isn't as responsive. I ordered replacements but they were refurbished. First one had a scratched screen,second didn't click in corners. Now to my issue, Verizon tech support says i have to go to the store to get it replaced. Will they replace my phone for collection of dust and flimsy buttons??
    02-09-09 12:52 PM
    Call tech support back and try again - I've not heard of them replacing phones at stores. if you do traipse down to VZW in person, they'll likely tell you to call support and get a replacement unit shipped out.

I think you just got a bad techie, perhaps.

Edit: replace for dust - unlikely. replace for defective buttons - they'd better.
    02-09-09 12:55 PM
    Call tech support back and try again - I've not heard of them replacing phones at stores. if you do traipse down to VZW in person, they'll likely tell you to call support and get a replacement unit shipped out.

I think you just got a bad techie, perhaps.

Edit: replace for dust - unlikely. replace for defective buttons - they'd better.
    I want a new replacement..tired of these refurbished phones
    02-09-09 12:56 PM
    Some stores will do in store replacements, you get a new boxed retail phone. Given the tech support chain the store should be able to help you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 01:17 PM
    That was the very first question I asked before I bought the storm from Verizon. What will they replace and for what reason. I was was told by management that for MFG defects, still covered that they would replace it with a new one right there at the store. For dust under the screen, however or for some non covered defect, a $50.00 charge would apply. I currently have (4) different phones from verizon, and have been able to exchange non working for working without a hitch. Love their customer service !
    I hope this helps.
    02-09-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD