On my 8830, this was an element of my chosen 'theme' so i'm concerned i may not be able to change this on my Storm - I don't want the abbreviated red verizon home screen, i want my 'home' screen to be the full list of icons etc. This way i wont have to click on the Verizon checkmark to get to my full list of icons etc, can anyone think of a way to make this happen on the Storm?

thanks! really starting to dig the storm! still finding it very tricky to select specific letters/words for editing however. it seems to require a special touch?
    11-26-08 08:53 PM
    well the verizon logo is not what is bringing you into the menu. its clicking the screen. when in the main menu, click bb menu>options, this will allow you to tweak the home screen some. you can have as few as 1 row of icons up to 4 rows
    11-26-08 09:00 PM
    The Verizon wallpaper is the only thing there. The OEM Storm theme is the only one currently available and the only thing that's carrier set is the default wallpaper. Just change it to something else for the time being. You'll need to wait on custom themes, but that's a ways off. Until then all you can change is the rows of icons you can see per the above post.
    11-26-08 09:07 PM
    On my 8830, this was an element of my chosen 'theme' so i'm concerned i may not be able to change this on my Storm - I don't want the abbreviated red verizon home screen, i want my 'home' screen to be the full list of icons etc. This way i wont have to click on the Verizon checkmark to get to my full list of icons etc, can anyone think of a way to make this happen on the Storm?

thanks! really starting to dig the storm! still finding it very tricky to select specific letters/words for editing however. it seems to require a special touch?
    Yeah, the Verizon "Home Screen" is actually just a wallpaper. You can change that to whatever you want. And like the person said above me, just go through the settings and change it so it displays more icons on your home screen! Good luck.
    11-26-08 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD