With my 9530 I get a single alert.

I'd prefer to have alerts continue until I react to them (ex - if someone leaves a VMail, have it remind me until I listen to the VMail, if the alarm goes off for an Appointment, have it ring periodically until I turn it off). With my Palm, I could set the alarm to ring up to 10 times at 1, 5, 10 or 30 minute intervals.

Problem now is if my BB isn't on my hip I don't hear the single alarm.

TIA - R.
    02-12-09 01:06 AM
    With my 9530 I get a single alert.

I'd prefer to have alerts continue until I react to them (ex - if someone leaves a VMail, have it remind me until I listen to the VMail, if the alarm goes off for an Appointment, have it ring periodically until I turn it off). With my Palm, I could set the alarm to ring up to 10 times at 1, 5, 10 or 30 minute intervals.

Problem now is if my BB isn't on my hip I don't hear the single alarm.

TIA - R.
    I've been having the same issue. I have a normal alarm for work (Mon - Fri @ 6:30)then I occasionally work on Saturday (which are at different times). I have it set up so that it alerts me, but it's just a single tone. I need it to continuously go off so that I actually wake up to it.

My temporary solution is to create a "new alarm" when I'm in the calendar view an hour (or whenever) before my work schedule, appointment, etc. That alarm continuously goes off until I shut it off. But I have yet to find a way I can do this all within one action. I wish it had the option to choose an alarm instead of an alert.

I hope this helps you.
    04-24-09 02:43 PM
    I think if you make a custom profile. Either that or download a third party program like berry buzz. That will let you choose how often you want your phone to keep reminding you
    04-24-09 02:46 PM
    I have tried Buzzberry in the past and unless they have made improvements there is no way to have repetitive alerts. When I originally got my Storm I called RIM and their tech support said the original software had the continuous alerts, but the feature was apparently removed by verizon; there's no surprise when it comes to Verizon downgrading the software they receive before releasing it. By the way, if you call RIM directly it's $50.
    04-24-09 04:11 PM
    I eventually settled on BerryBuzz. Yes, it does provide repetitive alerts.

Unfortunately it's not as stable as it should be, but then what is on a Storm running .76? Sorry, just choked at Telus for STILL not having an official upgrade to .122 like other carriers (Bell).

Anyway, once I have an upgraded OS, if BerryBuzz is still not stable enough I will be pushing hard on that for an upgrade. In the interim, it's still the best I've found.

- R.
    04-24-09 05:06 PM
    BerryBuzz was very stable on .122/131 Hybrid and now .132. A friend has been using it on his Bold too - and he hasn't had any problems either.

I eventually settled on BerryBuzz. Yes, it does provide repetitive alerts.

Unfortunately it's not as stable as it should be, but then what is on a Storm running .76? Sorry, just choked at Telus for STILL not having an official upgrade to .122 like other carriers (Bell).

Anyway, once I have an upgraded OS, if BerryBuzz is still not stable enough I will be pushing hard on that for an upgrade. In the interim, it's still the best I've found.

- R.
    04-24-09 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD