I have tried plugging my Storm into my computer several times, using both Mass storage mode and without it, and no matter what folder i go into (whether its hidden or not) i cannot find the videos that i have recorded on my phone ANYWHERE!!! any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    09-21-09 04:56 PM
    So I'm assuming that you check in media> videos already, right? And are you trying to put the videos on your computer? Or just watch them on the phone?
    09-21-09 05:12 PM
    yes i am trying to get them onto my computer from my phone
    09-21-09 05:28 PM
    When you're in the media manager on the computer in the bottom left window have you tried clicking on the media card link? It's possible that your phone may be saving the videos there.
    09-21-09 05:41 PM
    yes i have and the only folder that comes up is Music
    09-21-09 07:23 PM
    Try using the media manager that's in the desktop manager.sounds like your just goin staright to the drive that pops up on my computer when you plug the phone in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 09:21 PM
    yeah i tried using that, but that only lets me add things to my phone.. not remove them..
    09-22-09 11:15 PM
    Are the videos saved to your phone or your media card? Did you try using a TF card reader?
    09-22-09 11:19 PM
    Try using BBScout. It is free BB File manager.
    Also when in Video Camera mode, chk Options. U will see the path where video is saved. Mine is SD Card & path is
    Mediacard/BlackBerry/Video

R u able to playback ur video? May be u haven't recorded any
    09-23-09 04:53 AM
    I have them saved to my card.. and yes i have recoreded them, i recorded a 9min video of some of the funniest stuff i have ever seen adn wanted to get it on my computer without having to take out the card. thought there was an easy way to do this, but i guess not. the weird thing is, i cant even do it with pictures!!
    09-23-09 11:47 AM
    I have them saved to my card.. and yes i have recoreded them, i recorded a 9min video of some of the funniest stuff i have ever seen adn wanted to get it on my computer without having to take out the card. thought there was an easy way to do this, but i guess not. the weird thing is, i cant even do it with pictures!!
    Generally, it is easy. Plug in storm, enable mass storage, browse to the folder your storm is saving the media, and drag n drop it to your computer. Couldn't be easier really.

The fact that you can't access the pictures either is kind of worrying. Can you view the pictures and videos on the storm itself? As others have said check the path that the storm says it is saving the files to. It may be a problem on your pc end (not sure what kind of rig you're running), it might be worth a shot to uninstall all RIM software from your computer and reinstalling the device. (though uninstalling the RIM software shouldn't have an effect on how the phone connects in mass storage mode) In mass storage mode, the phone "should" show up as two removable storage drives. One being the phone's internal memory, while the other is the media card
    09-23-09 01:37 PM
    The fact that you can't access the pictures either is kind of worrying. Can you view the pictures and videos on the storm itself?
    yes i can watch the video and look at the pics. i guess i will try the method you gave and see if that works.. i will report back later.
    09-23-09 04:15 PM
    do you think it might be a problem because i am running .167?
    09-23-09 04:16 PM
    Or you could just try emailing the file to yourself, open the email on your cpu & download the video...
    09-23-09 04:51 PM
    it wont let you email a movie that you recorded longer than 15secs.. it says "the selected file exceeds the maximum allowed attachment size"
    09-23-09 08:50 PM
    Does your computer have bluetooth? If so it's worth a try. I use it often as well as mass storage mode with usb cable. Getting the bluetooth to work takes a bit of fiddlin though.
    09-24-09 01:08 AM
    This sounds silly but are you SURE you enabled mass storage mode on the Storm, AND you plugged it in with NO media apps running that might be able to view those files? You may still see a disk show up in windows even when the Storm isn't in mass storage mode, or if a media app is open and has control over the card. Try closing as many apps as you can, then plug it in to your PC. You should see TWO disks show up if its truly in mass storage mode and you have a media card in your Storm.
    09-24-09 09:33 AM
    Thats whats so puzzling about it! I definately am in mass storage mode becuase i have it set to prompt me, and i click yet, and the memory and thememory card icons pop up, but like mentioned earlier, the only folder that is in the memory card is music. i have tried every option on windows to make sure all the files are visible and i still cannot find videos. this is really messing with me haha
    09-25-09 04:06 PM
    When the BB is plugged in, 2 drive items should show up: 1. (BB) device memory, and 2. Media Card.

Media Card drive>Blackberry>Videos.
    09-25-09 04:19 PM
    You have to have the phone in mass storage mode. I too had problems with this but figured it out just today
    If you store videos on the media card:
    go into the drive (under my computer) labeled BLACKBERRY2, and navigate to Blackberry/Videos.
    Much to my disappointment, they were all in 3GPP format and not mpeg.
    If you store them on the device memory:
    Go to the other drive (BLACKBERRY1) And navigate to Home/user/videos.

A side note: If you enable "show hidden files and folders" under windows folder options, you'll see a lot of interesting directories in these two drives. I am going to see if i can mess with something
    09-25-09 07:59 PM
    GigaMcHz:'

i think that was the first time in the last week that Blackberry 2: has shown up in my computer. thanks a lot, and yeah for the 3ppg thing, i wish it was different too but i can deal!

thanks everyone for the input!! i finally got it to work!
    09-26-09 03:14 PM
    Hey cool. glad you got it working
    09-26-09 09:58 PM
    IM having a similar problem, I'm going to check this when I get home
    10-09-09 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD