I received a text message with a ringtone on it and I'd like to forward it to my daughter so she can use it on her cellphone but I cannot figure out how to forward it to her as a text message. Is this even possible? I've been searching all morning and am now just frustrated and am assuming it's not possible. Someone give me hope!!
    03-10-09 12:27 PM
    Have you tried the forward button?

It is the envelope with the blue arrow.
    03-10-09 12:32 PM
    for the record, it will be a MMS (multimedia messaging system) message, not an SMS (short message service) message because of the embedded data file.
    03-10-09 12:39 PM
    Open the MMS-->BB Button-->Forward
    03-10-09 12:41 PM
    Click on the message hit the BB button and select-forward as- and pick mms

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 12:43 PM
    There is no forward option on the bb menu. I've tried both with the message open and the message just highlighted. I have "compose" options, reply options but no forward option. This message came from myxer.com when I created a ringtone and the forward option isn't on the bb menu. However, I checked on just a regular message the option was on that one. So maybe it's because of who sent it?
    Last edited by shmancy3; 03-10-09 at 01:26 PM. Reason: adding info
    03-10-09 01:24 PM
    Then just send it from myxer? Instead of trying to figure out a long winded way, just take another route and resend the ringtone from myxer - it's free anyways...
    03-10-09 02:12 PM
    If you really want to send it, try to save the file first then just create a new MMS and then attach it then send it to your daughter. If this doesn't help then just send it to her directly from Myxer... Hope this helps... goodluck...
    03-10-09 02:54 PM
    What OS are you running? There is a problem with forwarding mms on one of the betas.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 10:08 AM
    I am on .75 because I'm too chicken to change it! LOL

I've tried to send it using mms also btw.
    03-14-09 08:11 AM
    I'm hoping because your post was over a year ago that you were able to find the solution to your question. I'm replying for anyone that might have the same problem as I did today and couldn't find a solution from any of the previous replies (no offense to anyone that replied). Here's is how I figured out how to forward a text message: open the text you want to forward, move the cursor up from text box to the actual message, then hit the bb (menu) key and select forward or forward as, depending on what type of message it is. Hope this helps anyone that comes across this problem in the future.
    11-10-10 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD