Hi,

My colleague tried to upgrade a Storm I had to version 5, he left it running and it must have failed in the middle of the process because it has no software on it now.

I have followed the standard how to fix a bricked Blackberry posts but mine is slightly different because it always fails at 'Waiting for device Initialization'. I can always connect and start the process with or without battery but it never gets pass this, the device will just keep rebooting.

Any advice much appreciated.
    02-05-10 04:53 PM
    Hi,

My colleague tried to upgrade a Storm I had to version 5, he left it running and it must have failed in the middle of the process because it has no software on it now.

I have followed the standard how to fix a bricked Blackberry posts but mine is slightly different because it always fails at 'Waiting for device Initialization'. I can always connect and start the process with or without battery but it never gets pass this, the device will just keep rebooting.

Any advice much appreciated.
    I'm not sure if you can use BBSAK to rewipe phone and then try. This happened to me but I don't remember exactly what I did, sorry! Also maybe try reloading all your software on your PC. Its time consuming but hey. Don't let your pc go to sleep mode when loading either. Also search no JVM here on CB. It will show you how to use windows command prompt to run apploader on phone without jvm, now that I think of it that's what I had to do!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 05:40 PM
    Wipe and reload with this.

BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife (BBsak)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 06:16 PM
    Yeah I tried to use javaloader and BBsaK but neither will connect.....
    02-07-10 03:33 PM
    Yeah I tried to use javaloader and BBsaK but neither will connect.....
    Did you search load OS "no jvm". It will load a OS that is super nuked. There is a post that gives step by step w pictures on using windows comand prompt. To force a reload basically

I'm on my BB so can't post link
    02-07-10 03:40 PM
    Yeah I tried the nojvm switch with loader.exe same issue no connect. It's really bugging me!!
    02-07-10 04:17 PM
    Pull battery overnight and try one more time in the morning. Otherwise. No idea!
    02-07-10 04:37 PM
    Yeah I'll give it a go....i'm also out of ideas!!
    02-07-10 04:50 PM
    Yeah I'll give it a go....i'm also out of ideas!!
    I had a problem once when I did something wrong. Worked like six hours on it couldn't load. Was going to take it back. Left battery out all night. Out it back in morning and got a 507 error. which was good cause I then could connect. Half hour later storm was good to go and has been since. Hope it works! Superbowl time! Peace
    02-07-10 04:56 PM
    I get the 507 error when it's disconnected from the PC with battery in, but not when I connect it, when it's connected it just continually reboots
    02-07-10 04:59 PM
    and when connected to the PC with no battery in I get a battery with a cross through it. But soon as I start anything this disappears....
    02-07-10 05:01 PM
    02-07-10 05:03 PM
    I get the 507 error when it's disconnected from the PC with battery in, but not when I connect it, when it's connected it just continually reboots
    You've tried pulling battery connecting to pc with usb on the com selection screen on the loader .exe.

When it doesn't show pin you plug in usb to pc.
    It will show unknown device
    Press next as soon as it does
    It should then start

It is a little tricky on the timing so you may have to do it a few times.
    02-07-10 05:05 PM
    Pkcable, Yeah I followed these instructions already, no luck....

Mr One 2, sorry for the delay in replying, I left the battery out all night and connected this morning, still the same.

I never have an issue getting past the device connected but when it starts the install process it always fails at 'waiting for device initialization'

With the /nojvm switch what stages should I see if the switch has taken effect correctly?

Thanks
    Alex
    02-09-10 07:53 AM
    Pkcable, Yeah I followed these instructions already, no luck....

Mr One 2, sorry for the delay in replying, I left the battery out all night and connected this morning, still the same.

I never have an issue getting past the device connected but when it starts the install process it always fails at 'waiting for device initialization'

With the /nojvm switch what stages should I see if the switch has taken effect correctly?

Thanks
    Alex
    Its all good. With the no jvm command when you type the last command It should run the loader like normal. But supposed to force it to run! Other than that I don't know maybe your drivers are not installing. I have heard you should use a direct usb connection not the hubs on the front of pc or keyboard. I don't know if there is a way to manually check drivers?
    Last edited by Mr One 2; 02-09-10 at 08:14 AM.
    02-09-10 08:12 AM
    Thanks for the help, after much effort I'm pleased to say I got it to work using Desktop Manager 4.3 and 4.6 for the OS. So strange the things that work!! Annoyingly I now have a bold with the same/similar issue and this fix doesn't work!!
    Last edited by alexmoney; 02-12-10 at 03:51 PM.
    02-12-10 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD