I just don't understand it... It's the SAME software it should act the same on every device. I updated 2 different storms with .83 and NEITHER one of them are having any of the problems that people are having on here. Both of them are working smooth as can be. I just don't understand how different phones could have different issues with the same software? Don't make sense to me?

Sure it's not something you guys screwed up during the upgrade process? If your having issues, have you tried to do a complete wipe and install .83 from scratch? *Scratches Head*
    12-20-08 12:36 PM
    Does your browser go back when you hit back or does it just close the browser? The install went fine, just little quirks like that that are annoying. But that's why they call it beta.
    12-20-08 12:39 PM
    I agree 100%. My update went smooth and flawless. The phone is even better now. That's why the Storm is getting all this negativity. People just assume its the Storm instead of user error.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 12:39 PM
    I just don't understand it... It's the SAME software it should act the same on every device.
    there are people like you called researchers. they have no idea either. they are computers...not easy to control. this is why things leak. i am sure that BB workers read these forums! this is only a "beta" basically of the new update, so of course there will be problems. Personally, I havent had any problems and I really do like the update, but obviously I can't wait for the real version to come out. at least we haven't had problems...haha.
    12-20-08 12:40 PM
    Does your browser go back when you hit back or does it just close the browser? The install went fine, just little quirks like that that are annoying. But that's why they call it beta.
    ..... I've had the problem a few times
    12-20-08 12:41 PM
    I think alot of it is not following the instructions for the update correctly. Also many people have "problems" that are actually settings that have to be changed just like when the first bought the phone, but they dont remember this and wont take the time to find them on the own. Its always easier to have someone else give you the answer than find it on your own
    12-20-08 12:42 PM
    When I click the back button it does one of two things in Browser; If it's loading a page it'll stop the load, if it's not rendering/loading anything it'll go back. If I get all the way back to the History/Bookmark default page and hit back it'll close the browsers. Working as intended here
    12-20-08 12:43 PM
    update went smooth and flawless here also
    12-20-08 12:46 PM
    I agree 100%. My update went smooth and flawless. The phone is even better now. That's why the Storm is getting all this negativity. People just assume its the Storm instead of user error.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Agreed. My Storm is better than ever on .83.
    12-20-08 12:50 PM
    mine is fine i did have to pull the battery a few times but after that its great
    12-20-08 12:53 PM
    I love this update, went smooth and everything works great I haven't noticed any quirks.
    12-20-08 12:56 PM
    I'm not sure there is an answer but I will say you cats are lucky. I'm downgrading to .76 as we speak. Boo!
    12-20-08 01:00 PM
    I have had a similar problem with the back button. But different. If I am streaming audio or video and try to hit the back button nothing happens. I have to use the BB button then back and then i will either go back or close the internet browser. and I have not had any problems with my accelerometer until this new update. I thought everyone else was complaining about nothing And yet here I am new update and I get the time icon when switching from portrait to landscape and have to do a batt pull to fix it. It works fine for a while then slows down on me again. And I just started to pay attention to this problem today. So I will give you an update if I find a fix or have any other problems.
    12-20-08 01:02 PM
    I'm not sure there is an answer but I will say you cats are lucky. I'm downgrading to .76 as we speak. Boo!
    What issues were you having Rooster? Once you were having issues after upgrading to .83 did you try a complete wipe then reload .83 from scratch? I'd gander to say it'd work a lot better for you if you try that
    12-20-08 01:02 PM
    I have updated mine, my project managers boss, my neighbors, and a few others. Not one bit of problems. None what so ever.

I am thinking it is more of user error and ego issues with lack of intelligence. I am baffled by so many people trying to blame the device, the vendor, and the carrier for there issues.

So many people have cried wolf you dont know anymore when someone has a legit problem and when one is just cant read and follow directions.

I am at a lose as to why people are having so many issues.

I am running .83
    WSJ App
    AP App
    Flickr App
    VZNav App
    VVM App
    Flycast App
    GMail App
    GTalk App
    Youtube App
    Custom ringtones and alerts

I am sure you would think with the amount of apps I have I would run into some issues. I have not.
    12-20-08 01:03 PM
    What problems are you having with .83? Is it the update process from the computer or something on the actual phone? I remember a few comments you made yesterday on a couple of different threads.

Let me know, maybe I can assist.
    12-20-08 01:05 PM
    I'm having very few problems. I got the Black Verizon Screen of Death (BVSoD) on time, and the #4357* screen locked up on me.. Those are the only serious problems I've had so far. So long as the BVSoD doesn't become a regular problem, I'm quite willing to deal with the other minor issues in exchange for the much improved performance. In time I'm sure RIM will squash most of the rest of the bugs.
    12-20-08 01:06 PM
    I have had a similar problem with the back button. But different. If I am streaming audio or video and try to hit the back button nothing happens. I have to use the BB button then back and then i will either go back or close the internet browser. and I have not had any problems with my accelerometer until this new update. I thought everyone else was complaining about nothing And yet here I am new update and I get the time icon when switching from portrait to landscape and have to do a batt pull to fix it. It works fine for a while then slows down on me again. And I just started to pay attention to this problem today. So I will give you an update if I find a fix or have any other problems.
    Have not had the back button issue at all with the browser or media apps. Could it be an installed app causing it? If you remove all 3rd party apps do you still have this issue?
    12-20-08 01:06 PM
    Mine's fine as well. I've already reported the small quirks, but in no way is mine not functioning correctly. If it was that wacked out, I'd have already downgraded, but I haven't. I think everyone running into this issue might be ********.

Actually, I'll bet money that those having issues are noobs to BBs and the same ones that registered here just because they bought a Storm. So, instead of making sure they know what they are doing before they update, they blindly jump in and bork their handset because they don't know what they are doing. Plain and simple, we've all seen it before.

What's important is that you all STOP COMPLAINING!!!!!!!!! Most likely this leak came out and was allowed by RIM. If not, it would have been taken down within 5 minutes of being posted. Crackberry is not in the business of allowing direct links to leaks, yet this one was left up for a long time. If you people keep complaining because you're too stupid to do the update correctly, RIM might not be so nice the next time and you'll be waiting until the carrier releases something, which we all know Verizon can take months to do anything.

My suggestion to everyone, if you don't know what you're doing, don't do it until you do. Stop ruining the experience for everyone and stop complaining that .83 bricked (which can't happen anyway, you can always get it back) your Storm because chances are RIM will just get pissed and not let other stuff slip out.
    12-20-08 01:09 PM
    Hey! I'm not a newb and I just downgraded back to .76. Not complaining but it just didnt jive well with my device...what can I say?
    12-20-08 01:12 PM
    After I got the Verizon screen a couple of battery pulls and one random reboot later everything is fine. Going on almost two full days (day and a half really) and not a single problem. Running very smoothly. Much happier with .83 than .75

I wish the same could be said for everyone. I too fear it's the way it's being installed and that people aren't taking the time to do the necessary research and doing a proper install. Then again, I'm sure some have, and they're still having problems. Would be nice to know what could cause that.
    I just don't understand it... It's the SAME software it should act the same on every device. I updated 2 different storms with .83 and NEITHER one of them are having any of the problems that people are having on here. Both of them are working smooth as can be. I just don't understand how different phones could have different issues with the same software?
    83 has some seriously broken features.

You may or may not use those features.

For, my Storm has been good on 65, 73,75, but is useless on 83.

My 75 has been up and ruinning for 12 hours (with WB running) and I am still over 50 mb of memory.
    83 has some seriously broken features.

You may or may not use those features.

For, my Storm has been good on 65, 73,75, but is useless on 83.

My 75 has been up and ruinning for 12 hours (with WB running) and I am still over 50 mb of memory.
    "Some seriously broken features" - Name them please
    12-20-08 01:17 PM
    Keep in mind that a lot of people have various combinations of third party apps that may be the cause of some of the problems. Therefore even though the hardware and OS are the same the software installed is most likely not.
    12-20-08 01:18 PM
    .83 is running great for me... No quirks that I can find... I use my phone for everything I can think of:

Music (With Bluetooth Headphone), Videos, Pictures, PHONE (w/Bluetooth Headset), Web (BB Browser, and Opera Mini), SMS, MMS, Email (4 Accounts), Yahoo Messenger, AIM, BB Messenger, Myspace, Visual Voicemail, ORB (Sirius) Streaming, YouTube, WeatherBug, etc..... The only App that I MAKE SURE I Close after I'm done with it is the YouTube app (Huge Battery Drainer).

The phone is running PERFECT with .83... No Bubbles No Troubles here. I did a complete wipe of my phone when I updated it using JL_Cmdr, and only restored a backup, did not restore my 3rd Party Apps, I re-downloaded them after the update, as I do with every update.
    12-20-08 01:22 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD