Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to erase Verizon original telephone number?

I have an unlocked 9530 storm, and I am trying to use my cell phone providers simcard, but every time I dial a phone number it displays My Number: xtyyz (a Verizon phone number), however when I call anyone on my network my correct number appears on their cells, but when I call my customer support number which happens to be the same as verizon *611, it sends me automatically to a local Verizon customer support and not my carrier's customer support? Can anyone tell me how to change my number? or erase Verizon's number?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

this should do the trick

Edit: As far as the not calling Verizon, you need to make sure that the CDMA connection is disabled.

Options-->Mobile Network--> Set 'Network Technology' to 'GSM/UMTS'
    Last edited by VT_Hokie; 12-16-2008 at 09:35 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Default CDMA network is off

But I cannot even check my voicemail when I dial *86 the same as Verizon also on my network, it actually goes to a Verizon global voice mail phone number. Is there a way to erase the Verizon network completely from the cellphone?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!

Dial ##000000 Edit the phone numbers out. Menu/Save. That's the CDMA programming menu. However, *86 will always go to whatever provider is on the primary radio in the handset. Since the CDMA radio is the primary one used on the 9530, that's why this happens.

Also, most GSM carriers will usually have a complete phone number that they use to check voicemail. For T-Mobile for instance, it's an 800 number I believe. You'll need to simply correct the voicemail number dialed, that's all.

BTW, all this was already posted by me for another member... search is your friend.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

After changing the CDMA programming menu and erasing all the numbers out, how do I save it?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

By the way in what thread did you post all of these information already?

PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!

Quote Originally Posted by eameglio View Post
    After changing the CDMA programming menu and erasing all the numbers out, how do I save it?
    Read my post above again... this time, pay attention.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

OK I did I erased it, but when it resets it shows the Verizon original phone number, should I also erase the country code (310-for my unit)? Or should I write my number under the number line?

PIN

You know what? Pack up the phone and send it to me.

You can't leave the phone number blank. Either put your number in there that you want displayed as My Number or put in all Zeros (0's). Then Menu/Save.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Sorry I am no expert, and your help is greatly appreciated. I got the number to change finally, thanks! The problem is for example my country's service provider uses the same customer support than Verizon, *611, and when I dial *611 it still sends me to Verizon's Global customer support. Is there anything I can do on the CDMA programming menu to avoid this from happenning?

PIN

Yes, but you'll need to find tower SID info for your provider. Really, I don't understand why this is a problem for you if you're using an active SIM card. As long as your radio is set to GSM, it should use the provisioning on the SIM, not the CDMA radio on the phone. Take it off Global.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Do I have to get the tower SID from my service provider, or is it something that I can find out with other cell phones on my same network?

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by eameglio View Post
    Do I have to get the tower SID from my service provider, or is it something that I can find out with other cell phones on my same network?
    The SID provisioning may not work with your provider... whomever that is. I think a better investment for you would have been to get a 9500 rather then a 9530... it would have saved you from the active CDMA radio headaches.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

I am now having a problem programming the blackberry on my network, because when I enter the BB webpage for Change Device, it is asking me for the PIN and IMEI, but my BB box has a PIN and no IMEI but MEID (on decimal and also on hex numbers) and when I enter the MEID is telling that the IMEI is not valid for my Service Provider. Do you know what this problem might be? And how I could solve it?
    Last edited by eameglio; 12-16-2008 at 11:52 PM.

PIN

The device is probably still associated with a Verizon Blackberry provisioned account. Without VZW releasing that phone, you can't provision it on another carrier. There's another thread about this.

Oh and you do know that you can edit your posts on here... right?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98 View Post
    The SID provisioning may not work with your provider... whomever that is. I think a better investment for you would have been to get a 9500 rather then a 9530... it would have saved you from the active CDMA radio headaches.
    You are right! I asked a bunch of sellers on eBay for the major differences between both the Verizon 9530 or the Vodafone 9500, and must of them said that there where no major differences, only that the 9530 had the CDMA function, which would be better even if I used GSM in my country because I might travel abroad to a place that only offers CDMA (I have never travelled to such a place) but I never imagined that instead I would get all these problems. By the way my provider is MOVISTAR (Telefonica).
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Do you know what is the difference between a MEID (in decimal 18 numbers) and IMEI (15 numbers)?