I send most emails from my phone. However, I would like them to appear in my sent email on my laptop so that I have a record of them that can be searched.

Does anyone have a clever way to do this?
    12-30-08 01:46 AM
    I had this exact same question and here is what I do.
    Log into your BIS site, find your email and click edit. Add your email address to Auto BCC and click save. That way when you send an email from your bb, that address should also receive a copy. Hope this works!

Forgot to mention that I think the copied email goes into your inbox and not your sent box.
    Last edited by rockigirl; 12-30-08 at 01:59 AM.
    12-30-08 01:52 AM
    perfect! thanks.
    12-30-08 01:55 AM
    you should be able to create a "rule" where mail received from "your e-mail address" automatically is filed to your sent folder. This will move it from inbox to the sent folder. Come IMAP servers also allow rules to mark as read.
    12-30-08 02:09 AM
    that's what i tried first. i set the bb to bcc a specific email address with the intention of setting up a rule for that email address. but i use apple mail on my mbp and you can't set rules for the bcc field. so they just sat in an inbox (which isn't terrible, but not what i intended).
    12-30-08 02:26 AM
    I set up all my accounts to work via IMAP on the BB, Outlook and Thunderbird. My own personal domain email and Gmail work just fine. If I send it from my Storm, I can pull it up in the web browser or in Outlook on my primary machine and Thunderbird on my Eee PC.. No problems at all. With my yahoo address, it works just fine since BB and Yahoo play very nicely together.
    12-30-08 02:37 AM
    does the bb ask you if you want to use pop or imap when you first set up the account? do i need to do anything with verizon to make the imap work?
    12-30-08 02:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD