and how well does it work? I thought VZW was a 3G capable network? If I buy a Storm to use with ATT will it only access the network via EDGE/GPRS?

'Thanks in advance for the help.

Carter
    03-14-09 07:02 PM
    I just used it for 3 weeks in Europe, it worked great, in all countries with 3G it was a blast. In the czech republic it was on EDGE and still worked real nice. I am a vzw user so I don't know what gsm would do in this country.
    03-14-09 07:19 PM
    are you by chance on the USN? I've heard that they'll work but only on EDGE/GPRS and no 3G in the US. Can anybody clarify this for me?

Regards
    carter
    03-14-09 07:36 PM
    are you by chance on the USN? I've heard that they'll work but only on EDGE/GPRS and no 3G in the US. Can anybody clarify this for me?

Regards
    carter
    9530 will pick up 3G in Europe, but does not support the North American 3G bands. So the 9530 on GSM on AT&T will only pick up EDGE, not 3G.
    03-14-09 08:46 PM
    EDGE is surprisingly fast, least it was on my 8700

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 09:04 PM
    and how well does it work? I thought VZW was a 3G capable network? If I buy a Storm to use with ATT will it only access the network via EDGE/GPRS?

'Thanks in advance for the help.

Carter
    all phones are made to work on GSM network so thats how it works... dont know how well since im on verizon
    03-14-09 09:07 PM
    by the way how fast is the Bold on AT&T? compare to..... i dunno u decide lol
    03-14-09 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD