I just typed Official OS in search, and non of the top 20 threads had the word official or os in it. So just wondering how it works and why everyone screams at everone else to use it.

(I am guessing it works by the amount of times those words are found in the posts, but that makes it too difficult to sort through the posts with 500 replies.)
    03-05-09 10:47 PM
    You can try "Official OS ____". The spacing would be the OS number. Since there are a lot of different OS's out there you have to be more specific. When you search for anything here be as specific as you can.

And the people yelling rudely and nasty for other's to use it.. Have to find something to bit*h about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 10:55 PM
    It searches the entire forum section for those words, not just thread titles. The results are all posts within threads containing the keywords. If you are looking for something specific, try the advanced search.
    03-05-09 10:57 PM
    Official OS is just too generic to be useful as a search term. When I tried it, the first post had Official OS as a string in it. But it was not in the context of giving an official OS.

The problem with Search is that the people who'd potentially benefit the most from using it usually don't know what to look for.

I usually DO know what I'm looking for, and sometimes can't find it.
    03-05-09 10:59 PM
    That should help guys. Thank you.
    03-05-09 11:55 PM
    That should help guys. Thank you.
    You are very welcome pj.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 12:03 AM
    yeah where's the search button? I type a lot of threads cause I can't find the search thing.
    03-06-09 12:23 AM
    yeah where's the search button? I type a lot of threads cause I can't find the search thing.
    The OP wasn't having trouble finding the Search Forums function; he was having trouble using it effectively. You find it in the Menu Bar in a slightly larger orange font.
    03-06-09 05:44 AM
    I just typed Official OS in search, and non of the top 20 threads had the word official or os in it. So just wondering how it works and why everyone screams at everone else to use it.

(I am guessing it works by the amount of times those words are found in the posts, but that makes it too difficult to sort through the posts with 500 replies.)
    Personally, I would do a search on how to do a search. That might help you.

But I have had the same problems, dont just stop trying if you get wrong results. Sometimes you need to specify more accurately, or try different variables of the same subject matter. It does get disheartening when you spend 5 minutes trying to get the answer. Or you can always google your question, it usually references CrackBerry in the results. Hope that helps you.
    03-06-09 06:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD