how do you make the screen dim (or go off) when your in a call to help save battery? kinda like the LG Dare does, with the light sensor...
    12-31-08 02:39 AM
    i'd like to know this as well, or maybe there's an app to lock the screen when youre in a call and its on your face? my dad was using my phone and hit speaker when talking to my mom in the mall....kinda bad.
    12-31-08 02:52 AM
    Unfortunately there's no setting that does this for power saving OR for not hitting the buttons (since both questions were asked).

RIM may fix/change that in the future, but who really knows.

As for standcm12: TalkLock...look in the 3rd party apps forum section and find it. It works well til RIM fixes the problem.
    Last edited by CSSVT; 12-31-08 at 02:57 AM.
    12-31-08 02:54 AM
    i just dowloaded it and it works good, but the screen still stays on for awhile
    12-31-08 02:55 AM
    i just dowloaded it and it works good, but the screen still stays on for awhile
    Yea, I don't believe there's any way to dim the screen. How much total up time are you getting out of your battery? Some people have said that even without calls they're getting major battery drain and are thus getting the battery replaced through Verizon (I think).
    12-31-08 02:58 AM
    its something rim has gotta fix. 3rd party software is not a permanent solution. having to have software running 24/7 is not good, it always leaks memory and causes issues eventually.

i am hoping rim gets this done in the next update for sure, i think they realized they really fraked up they didnt add a proximity sensor and now they have no clue what to do.
    12-31-08 03:08 AM
    When i get a call in my car and I'm on my jawbone and the device is locked the screen automatically dims out on a call unless i hit any key to see the status of the call or to send a text.

I downloaded the auto locking program at the app sticky thread it has an option to lock your phone while using it unless the unlock key is pressed. that option with the program does not work. For me i always press on the mute button some how while on a call without a bt.
    12-31-08 04:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD