I'm still using my Storm 1, been waiting for the Storm 3 to release to update it. It's been giving me hints lately it's about done for.

The speaker is really acting up, more hang ups than normal, the dumb "say a command" button is really getting a life of it's own.

How do you know when you're on life support? I'm really hoping to last till the 3's release but because RIM is so poor in the news release department it could be tomorrow or 2024.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
    07-28-11 12:08 PM
    I can confirm that having my storm 1 for at about 2.5 years, I have noticed the speaker degrading in quality and the "say a command" randomly coming on (this happens because of some crappy design with the earphone jack, if you move your 3.5mm headphone input a little while plugged in, the "say a command" thing comes on. LOL). I returned a Storm to Telus because of this (mostly because I abused the jack a little, SHHHHHH, don't tell Telus). I can tell you've been using the Storm as an mp3 player like I have because you're having this issue.

The release of the 9860/9850 (Storm 3 effectively) is not precise, but we know it'll be released before the end of September as many carrier leaks have shown. It'll most likely be released in about 4 weeks. Can you hold out that long? It's hard for me too, I know. Have no fear though, we can pull through if we stay strong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    psmith0803 likes this.
    07-28-11 12:52 PM
    sadly there is no storm 3
    but a nice Torch 9850/60

the storm devices nearly killed RIM so they are smart in ditching the name
    07-28-11 01:12 PM
    sadly there is no storm 3
    but a nice Torch 9850/60

the storm devices nearly killed RIM so they are smart in ditching the name
    I don't really care what name they put on it as long as it performs as well as my storm 1 has minus, the first 60 days. Yes, it was brutal for two months but after that mine has been rock solid and I would hate to think of getting anything else. I still think for as new as it was when it came out and the first of it's kind for RIM 60 days of public beta testing was not out of line.

Most people have unreasonable exceptions on new cutting edge equipment IMHO.
    07-28-11 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD