i just got a Storm, and i need help. Trying to get it to sync with my itunes through the desktop manager, it wont allow me to do so unless i change the permissions. there is also a list that i have saved as a html file, how can i get that to my storm as well. thank you so much
    Last edited by pkcable; 05-31-09 at 02:13 AM. Reason: made title descriptive
    05-05-09 06:34 PM
    Can you just change the permissions? and is it in Mass storage mode?
    05-05-09 06:35 PM
    I loaded songs from my iTunes by opening the BBDM >opening the Media Manager> Manage Music> then in the upper left of the split screen, click on the Folders tab> open the itunes folder> copy down the songs of your choice.
    05-05-09 08:30 PM
    how do i change permissions?
    05-06-09 12:57 PM
    and it wont allow access to the media manager. it gives me access to the rhapsody and to the media sync. the media manager is dark...
    05-06-09 01:03 PM
    I believe the only songs you can sync from your iTunes library are the ones that you have ripped yourself either from a CD or another download source. Im pretty sure any songs you would have bought from iTunes would not be transferable to your BlackBerry because of the DRM.

This Might Help You:

How to Transfer iTunes to BlackBerry Storm
    "With a unique touch screen and cutting-edge multimedia capabilities, the BlackBerry Storm smartphone makes a great impression as you travel across town or to almost any corner of the world." One of the great new features I am starting to enjoy on my BlackBerry Storm is the ability for it to play multimedia files and specifically audio (music). First let's take a look at the video and audio formats supported by BlackBerry Storm: Video format support: MPEG4 H.263, MPEG4 Part 2 Simple Profile, H.264, WMV Audio format support: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, WMA ProPlus Basically, when you buy music from iTunes, it comes with a copyright protection called DRM. These DRM-protected songs are locked so that they only work with Apple MP3 players. That means that if you have a BlackBerry Storm, you cannot use iTunes music. So, what is the solution? You have to burn a CD. When you do this, the DRM is removed (because the music is converted to a non-DRMcompatible media). After you burn the CD, you can rip it to your PC as an MP3 file which no longer has DRM. Alternatively, you can use TuneClone. TuneClone makes a virtual CD-ROM drive, tricking your PC into believing that you are burning a CD. Therefore, the DRM is removed without wasting a CD. Here is a link to a tutorial using TuneClone and iTunes 8: How to Convert iTunes 8 M4P (protected AAC) to MP3?

After you get the output MP3 files, you can now begin to transfer them to your BlackBerry Storm: 1. Connect your BlackBerry to you computer via the USB cable. 2. If you have properly enabled your Blackberry as a Mass Storage Device, your Blackberry's microSD card will show as a removable drive on your computer. 3. Double click on the Blackberry folder. 4. Double click on the music folder. 5. Copy your music files to your BlackBerry. 6. Disconnect your Blackberry from the USB cable and go to the "Multimedia" icon on you Blackberry. You need to disconnect when you use the Mass Storage device method as it disables direct access from the BlackBerry when connected to the PC via the USB cable. 7. Click on the Music icon. 8. Click on the Media Card folder. 9. Select your Music folder. 10. Select your Song. 11. Play and enjoy. Done.

--
    05-06-09 01:05 PM
    Very helpful
    05-30-09 11:35 PM
    Danny (Dmarks) is correct.

Now to the OP, remember to ....(from our Forum Posting Rules)......

Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'somone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Pearl will not show myFaves icons” or “How do I use BB Maps on my 8100”
    05-31-09 02:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD