Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How do I update OS?

Im sure this will seem like a stupid question for most people. I haven't used DM since version 4.6 but my friend is trying to install 5.0.0.328 on his Verizon Storm and I installed the new OS and I get a message stating that some sort of subscription is required to "Blackberry Service Subscription" which is just ridiculous. Anyway, how can I upgrade his device without this stupid new thing which RIM has seen fit to implement?

Thanks in advance.
    CrackBerry Abuser

First thing I would suggest is to get the latest DM. I believe it is 5.0.1 now.

Next, go to the OS forum for your particular device. Your profile says you have an 8320, but you're in the 9500/9530 forum. If you have a Storm, then the OS forum has a sticky at the top with detailed instructions. The likely step you missed was that you didn't delete the vendor.xml file prior to trying to install it.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask

Quote Originally Posted by my_2_cents View Post
    First thing I would suggest is to get the latest DM. I believe it is 5.0.1 now.

Next, go to the OS forum for your particular device. Your profile says you have an 8320, but you're in the 9500/9530 forum. If you have a Storm, then the OS forum has a sticky at the top with detailed instructions. The likely step you missed was that you didn't delete the vendor.xml file prior to trying to install it.
    Just so you know, he's updating his friend's storm, he doesn't have one
    Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    And BTW Amavit, your signature says your a chick, but to me you look more like a cup of coffee. Or maybe Latte!
    Running: Official 5.0.0.419 Glowing/pop up keys are awesome
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,990 Global Posts

Try looking at the link below, it will provide info on how to do the update. Assuming your firend currently has service on his storm, you should not be getting that message. Be sure you have the correct version of the OS. I suggest download and install from the Verizon site if you have not already done so.

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com