I don't want to sync with itunes, just want to transfer music, video, and pictures to the mem card. For some reason I can't figure out how to do it. Seems like it should be straight forward from windows, but when I open the drive for the device I don't see a folder for the storage card.

Also, is there a specific place to put music so that it will show up in the music app? Thanks for the help... I'm a blackberry n00b.

So far the storm is growing on me, but taking time I think because it's not intuitive to me for some reason like win mobile always has been.
    11-23-08 06:34 PM
    Haha

SuperN00b!
    lol jkjk

That CD that came with your storm!!! Try it!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 06:36 PM
    P.S. - forget everything you knew about WinMo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 06:36 PM
    I don't want to sync with itunes, just want to transfer music, video, and pictures to the mem card. For some reason I can't figure out how to do it. Seems like it should be straight forward from windows, but when I open the drive for the device I don't see a folder for the storage card.

Also, is there a specific place to put music so that it will show up in the music app? Thanks for the help... I'm a blackberry n00b.

So far the storm is growing on me, but taking time I think because it's not intuitive to me for some reason like win mobile always has been.
    Use the Desktop Manager. The built-in Roxio program will convert (most) formats and move them to your BB. As far as the location, that's up to you. Your BB will scan all folders for all file types.

Come on guys, go easy on the noobs! There's gonna be a lot more coming soon...lol
    11-23-08 06:37 PM
    Come on guys, go easy on the noobs! There's gonna be a lot more coming soon...lol
    Oh no! You're right! Run for the hills!

Or they could use the SEARCH function
    11-23-08 07:11 PM
    Ok, so I'm not THAT big a n00b. I do have desktop manager installed. Just wondering why I can't seem to use the storm as a mass storage device and transfer files onto the memory card that way. I must be missing something.
    11-23-08 07:45 PM
    You can. Go to Options->Memory, turn on mass storage mode.

Ok, so I'm not THAT big a n00b. I do have desktop manager installed. Just wondering why I can't seem to use the storm as a mass storage device and transfer files onto the memory card that way. I must be missing something.
    11-23-08 07:50 PM
    As someone said earlier, you have to have mass atorage enabled on the phone, and you can NOT run media manager and mass storage on your pc at the same time...
    11-23-08 07:53 PM
    Hey, I found that once Desktop Manager is running, then launch the Media Manager... this creates removable drives in My Computer. I was able to copy over images, MP3 files, and .MP4 movies and play them back on the Storm.

Hope this helps.
    11-23-08 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD