Hello all!
    I'm a complete newbie to blackberrys and smart phones in general so if you can dumb it down as much as possible I'd appreciate it.

I am in grad school at the University of South Carolina and our e-mail server is based on outlook.com. I have figured out how to get e-mails working sent to my phone and I can email from my Blackberry Storm but I would really like to synch it so my calendar and schedules on my phone synch up with my email account. If anyone knows where to go from here I'd appreciate it! Thanks.
    -Josh
    09-08-09 12:38 AM
    anyone help?
    09-08-09 01:00 AM
    Blackberry does not work with activesync.
    You can load the desktop manager software that comes with the device, configure it to work with the outlook on your computer.
    Once that is done you can connect your blackberry to your computer via the USB cable and the device syncs.
    Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 01:27 AM
    does iPhone sync usign that activesync???
    09-08-09 01:30 AM
    don't know if this will help but:
    1st thing talk to the I.T. folks at your school. We have webmail so its not an issue for me. check out the users manual on the software installation disk
    09-08-09 01:40 AM
    Yes, activesync does work with iPhone

09-08-09 01:50 AM
    Get AstraSync. They got a 7 day trial. And it costs 50 dollars a year. You can set up your BlackBerry with ActiveSync that was. Good product and work around over BES.

09-08-09 09:05 AM
    I'm going to move this thread over to our Storm Forum.
    09-08-09 09:11 AM
    I am using Notifysync to sync to my works email/calendar. Costs $120 for the first year and $30/yr after that. Little more expensive but the reviews were better when I was researching.

The Iphone uses Activesync based on what I was told. Sucks that the BB has to pay for it but I guess that is what BES is for.
    09-08-09 04:19 PM
    iPhone sync supports activesync
    does iPhone sync usign that activesync???
    01-13-11 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD