I am having trouble with my storm and tech. support told me to back everything up then go back to factory settings.. Well I cant seem to figure out how to do so. I have tried to do the research but no luck!

Can someone PLEASE help me

New back berry user
    Mandy
    05-21-09 01:04 PM
    You can download JLCDMR and wipe that way.

You can also try a wipe handheld, which is options, security options, general settings, BB button, wipe handheld, then follow the prompts. I believe the wipe handheld removes everything except the operating system and resets everything to original settings.
    05-21-09 01:06 PM
    dont know if this is what you want but options - security options - general settings - BB button - wipe handheld

there might be a password needed? i think its blackberry, or that worked for my friends phone
    05-21-09 01:06 PM
    You can download JLCDMR and wipe that way.

You can also try a wipe handheld, which is options, security options, general settings, BB button, wipe handheld, then follow the prompts. I believe the wipe handheld removes everything except the operating system and resets everything to original settings.
    beat me to it but yeah the second i believe leaves OS in tact if not just plug into your computer and reinstall it
    05-21-09 01:07 PM
    Note that the "wipe" feature of JL_Cmdr deletes the OS as well. If you're using JL_Cmdr, you want reset to factory. That should leave your OS intact.
    05-21-09 01:28 PM
    Of little help, but...

When you are talking to a tech and they tell you to do something that you do not understand have them walk you through the procedure. Keep them on the phone helping you until things are resolved. It's why you called them.
    05-21-09 01:57 PM
    Of little help, but...

When you are talking to a tech and they tell you to do something that you do not understand have them walk you through the procedure. Keep them on the phone helping you until things are resolved. It's why you called them.
    Haha, you're right, that's not alot of help now. For some people this can be difficult, I know myself that when walking someone through something I can sound a bit condescending if they have a hard time understanding. For some it is easier to ask for help, have it in writing so they can read it several times and then do it at their own pace.

It can also help that like in this thread, about 3 different people have suggested the same things in about 3 different ways...perhaps one persons wording will be easier to understand than the others. You're right though, tech support should have walked her through it.
    05-21-09 02:05 PM
    Thank you to all who helped...... And the only reason i had to come here and was because people at vzw were royal jerks.... and wouldnt help me b/c my name wasnt one the account. not like i wanted to change anything, they just didnt want to help.!

I got it taken care of ....
    Last edited by mizzamanda; 06-14-09 at 12:13 AM. Reason: b/c i can
    05-22-09 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD