I have searched all over and found out a lot about memory, but I can't figure out how to tell where my stuff (ring tones, wallpapers, etc) are stored. I would like to move them to my memory card if they are not on there, but I dont know how to find out where they are saved. any help would be appreciated.
    05-08-09 12:06 PM
    I have searched all over and found out a lot about memory, but I can't figure out how to tell where my stuff (ring tones, wallpapers, etc) are stored. I would like to move them to my memory card if they are not on there, but I dont know how to find out where they are saved. any help would be appreciated.
    Go to media>explore>media card or device memory. That will show you where everything is at...
    05-08-09 12:08 PM
    also i just did a battery pull and my application free memory went from 19.7 to 40.0 and then immediately dropped to 39.8. Does this mean I have something running in background, if I do how do I check this?
    05-08-09 12:09 PM
    great. I found it. everything I have downloaded is on memory card it just hasn't changed how much available space it has. That is what had me confused.
    05-08-09 12:13 PM
    That's great welcome to crackberry btw! Check out the 101 lecture series in my signature if you haven't already. Great info found there...
    05-08-09 12:19 PM
    Another way to see what is on there is to plug into your PC and go to my computer. Make sure mass storage while connected is selected to yes and check out the device files as soon as your computer sees it. There should be two to select from, one being the phone and the other being your sd card. This is a good way to organize all your stuff.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 12:37 PM
    yeah I have been searching this site and researching everthing for about a week before I posted. Tons of usefull info. Great site ,I'm hooked. First BB and it is a whole new world for me.
    05-08-09 01:27 PM
    yeah I have been searching this site and researching everthing for about a week before I posted. Tons of usefull info. Great site ,I'm hooked. First BB and it is a whole new world for me.
    This is only the beginning my friend.
    05-08-09 01:29 PM
    Memory fluctuates.

2 check running apps: hold down bb/menu key > app switch scroll bar. Browser, home, messages, phone always appear.
    05-08-09 02:18 PM
    To make your Storm work more like a Windows PC for file management use the free program BBFileScout ... looks and works just like a Windows Search for all files stored anywhere on your Storm ...

Memory will bounce up and down as the device polls for new messages and e-mail by a percent or two .... if you have a memory leak or a misbehaving app you will know it very quickly, I strongly suggest MeterBerry since it cleans memory, schedules a soft boot and logs everything your Storm is doing .... great addition to your app library ...
    05-08-09 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD