can anyone help me with the proper steps of going back to .65 including where to download the older os??? I have to try something as I have not got any responses to not being able to connect to the internet since updating to .75..
    11-30-08 11:50 PM
    uninstall all blackberry software, reinstall DM (should have .65) and install from there
    11-30-08 11:51 PM
    can anyone help me with the proper steps of going back to .65 including where to download the older os??? I have to try something as I have not got any responses to not being able to connect to the internet since updating to .75..
    What is the issue?
    11-30-08 11:52 PM
    Just resend your service books if you cant get online. no need to downgrade.
    12-01-08 12:00 AM
    I'm not even going to dignify that with a response...j/k LOL Why do you want to go BACK?!? lol I suppose you could restore a former backup (like the one you should've done prior to the install of .75 =P) Hope it's nothing serious...
    12-01-08 12:17 AM
    i couldnt get online.. i have already reset the device annd seems to be working now.. However, i now do not have an email icon and when i goto compose it tells me no messgae servers configured eventhough my email account shows in the email setup wizard... any help on that?
    12-01-08 12:50 AM
    you have to log into your bis account and resend the service books for the device..

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

if you do not have a account on the site make one..

its important that you learn how to do this because you will have to do it more then once in the time of owning a berry
    12-01-08 12:57 AM
    Just so you know, restoring from a previous backup made while .65 was installed will not downgrade the software to .65
    12-01-08 01:08 AM
    it tells me a device is already setup for the account (using my pin and meid). I believe i remember the verizon guy setting it up but didnt give me the password or any info for it... how do i send my service books?
    12-01-08 01:09 AM
    I believe i remember the verizon guy setting it up but didnt give me the password or any info for it...
    12-01-08 01:11 AM
    I had this exact same issue when I did the update. I went to options/advanced options/service books then selected provisioning [OTASL] then hit the blackberry button and select Show HRT then hit the blackberry button and select register now. That should fix your issue!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 01:12 AM
    As for the web page way I got the same error you did when I tried to send them that way. Then I tried to get it to at least send the password and it heve some message about using the device per provider requirements!

12-01-08 01:19 AM
    Did you have any luck getting it to work?

12-01-08 01:52 AM
    it tells me a device is already setup for the account (using my pin and meid). I believe i remember the verizon guy setting it up but didnt give me the password or any info for it... how do i send my service books?
    As for the web page way I got the same error you did when I tried to send them that way. Then I tried to get it to at least send the password and it heve some message about using the device per provider requirements!
    Go into Email setup on the BlackBerry. While in the BB email setup, hit the BB button and select Create Username (or something like that, I did it last week, don't remember the exact phrasing). After doing that you'll be able to log into the web based BIS.
    12-01-08 02:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD