If we have to be stuck without the use of T9 in .148, then how do I get rid of all the stupid words that suretype gives me. Its not from my custom dictionary as there are only 5 words in it.

Whenever I type any word that has more than 5 letters, I get all these stupid words that arent even english and then I have to scroll down thru all these stupid words, wasting my time just to find a simple word.

Is there a way to edit the regular dictionary?
    06-11-09 09:42 PM
    You can delete dictionaries in DM I believe. Not sure of a way to edit them though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 09:50 PM
    But thats just specific language packs like english or french right? Or can I delete individual words from the original dictionary via DM?
    06-11-09 11:40 PM
    Recently started using SureType...best advice is:

1. Keep typing!! Ignore list!! Words usually end up correct w/no additional actions, e.g., selecting.
    2. When word typed & correct version highlighted, u can press escape/back key instead of clicking.
    3. Backspace 2 change 2 alternative letter in cases of unusual or misspelled words.
    06-12-09 09:29 AM
    ^^ I've used suretype when I had the pearl so I know how it works and I know T9 is better but I have no choice but to use it.

The thing is with the pearl, you can feel your keys so you know what keys you are pressing but the storm its easy to type fast and make a mistake so you get all these crazy word combinations for words you werent trying to type.

And as far as point three, that is not true. if you have an uncommon word, you type as many letters as you can with suretype and then when you get to the new letter, you have to press space, then backspace, then the letter....otherwise no matter how many times you try, the unique word wont be spelled by suretype
    06-12-09 11:03 AM
    ...as far as point three, that is not true. If you have an uncommon word, you type as many letters as you can with suretype and then when you get to the new letter, you have to press space, then backspace, then the letter... otherwise no matter how many times you try, the unique word wont be spelled by suretype.
    Backspace > hit same key > alternative letter is typed.
    06-13-09 01:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD