im trying to download my contacts from the network and i need to go to get it not for the download im pretty sure. anyone know?
    12-15-08 09:34 PM
    you have to log into your account and download the contacts to your pc..

csv or whatever

then import those into a contact application on the pc.. "outlook" or mail
    or address book on a mac

then sync with the pc
    12-15-08 09:51 PM
    if you get a CSV I would suggest syncing to google contacts. I did this and love it. My contacts and emails are all synced between gmail and storm along with my calendars.
    12-15-08 09:54 PM
    typo
    i meant "GET IT NOW"
    i pay verizon every month to store my numbers- isnt there a easy way to get them? i was told i could from the get it now download
    12-15-08 10:06 PM
    are you talking about backup assistant? If so that app is currently not available on the storm. But you can look them up on myverizon.com
    12-15-08 10:12 PM
    typo
    i meant "GET IT NOW"
    i pay verizon every month to store my numbers- isnt there a easy way to get them? i was told i could from the get it now download
    Get it Now is for all of Verizon's dumb phones. It won't work on smart phones like Blackberrys, Treos, Omnias. Get it Now works on the Brew UI. If you were paying for it before, you are no longer paying for it. It was taken off your account. Backup assistant which stores your contacts is an app that works on Brew.
    12-15-08 10:14 PM
    how about bluetooth? can they be sent by bluetooth?
    12-15-08 11:19 PM
    I was in your shoes when i first got a black berry a few months ago. It sucks, but there is no "simple one click" way to transfer your contact from GET IT NOW to a blackberry. I ended up doing a trick which involves using outlook and other programs. It took me a few hours to do. I learned something, but had I just done it manually, I would have saved time.

If you're not technically inclined, you will save yourself time and a headache if you just start typing them in by hand now.
    12-15-08 11:26 PM
    I just took mine and had them transferred over from my old phone at a VzW store. I wasn't charged anything but I believe some will say there is a $10 fee.
    12-15-08 11:34 PM
    I actually imported all of my contact information to my gmail account. Then I downloaded google sync and synced my contacts with my google contacts...worked like a charm. Now in order to update my contacts on my Storm I update them in my google contacts. Not sure if this will help or not, but it works for me.
    12-15-08 11:49 PM
    It's very easy to get the contacts out of Backup Assistant in CSV as mentioned, and there are a number of ways to get that transferred to the Storm. Best option is to stick it into Google Contacts or Outlook and sync Outlook to Google. Then use Google Sync on your Storm, and from then on you can rely on Google Contacts and Calendar for your backup.

Incidentally, Backup Assistant is free as long as you had online access to your account. You shouldn't have been wasting money on that.
    12-16-08 12:16 AM
    It's very easy to get the contacts out of Backup Assistant in CSV as mentioned, and there are a number of ways to get that transferred to the Storm. Best option is to stick it into Google Contacts or Outlook and sync Outlook to Google. Then use Google Sync on your Storm, and from then on you can rely on Google Contacts and Calendar for your backup.

Incidentally, Backup Assistant is free as long as you had online access to your account. You shouldn't have been wasting money on that.
    Can you explain the process of syncing Backup assistant to google. Thanks
    12-16-08 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD