I ugraded to .76 and now I can't send SMS. The 'D' is no longer showing up abouve the check mark *yes its in network*. I went in to my service books and I see MMS service books but nothing for SMS.
    12-11-08 11:48 PM
    push your services books to your phone from the BIS website then after about 10 mins do a battery pull. The same thing happened to me as well but that seemed to fix it
    12-11-08 11:49 PM
    push your services books to your phone from the BIS website then after about 10 mins do a battery pull. The same thing happened to me as well but that seemed to fix it

Ive pulled this battery so many times its annoying me.
    12-11-08 11:54 PM
    Can Someone Please! Help Me. Please!!!
    12-11-08 11:57 PM
    i dont get it. have you resent the services books to yourself?
    12-12-08 12:02 AM
    have you tried resending the books..

How to resend service books.

From Device:

Options>Advanced options> Host Routing Table> BB Key (menu key)> Register now

Then go to
    setup>email settings> Log in (if you remember your user name and password) Once logged in hit BB Key (menu key) and Service Books.

Or

Go to this site for verizon
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

or your carrier's bis site.

login or create a account and resend service books. Make sure you check to see if your emails accounts are activated.

If you can't login or can't make a account call the carrier they can help you get the account setup.
    12-12-08 12:02 AM
    Can Someone Please! Help Me. Please!!!
    i got sick of pulling my battery all the time and got the free program quick pull. its in the crackberry store if you want it. its convenient
    12-12-08 12:05 AM
    have you tried resending the books..

How to resend service books.

From Device:

Options>Advanced options> Host Routing Table> BB Key (menu key)> Register now

Then go to
    setup>email settings> Log in (if you remember your user name and password) Once logged in hit BB Key (menu key) and Service Books.

Or

Go to this site for verizon
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

or your carrier's bis site.

login or create a account and resend service books. Make sure you check to see if your emails accounts are activated.

If you can't login or can't make a account call the carrier they can help you get the account setup.

should i just downgrade back to .75? is .76 the reason why its not working?
    12-12-08 12:17 AM
    ^^^^^ that didnt work, i tried a million f************* times. im getting VERY aggrevated right now. NOTHING is working!
    12-12-08 12:21 AM
    I swear, people post the most moronic things one this site but when someone genuinely needs help, NO ONE wants to say anything *except the two in this thread who were kind enough to give me some insight*

I really cant get this **** to work and I need to get it to work. Ive done everything.
    12-12-08 12:35 AM
    dude
    calm the f** down. it will all work out. you just need to wait for the service books to kick in. You may also try using the desktop manager to clear out all your SMS messages.. it may reset the memory. trust ME. i had the exact same problem and it will get solved!
    12-12-08 12:36 AM
    I swear, people post the most moronic things one this site but when someone genuinely needs help, NO ONE wants to say anything *except the two in this thread who were kind enough to give me some insight*

I really cant get this **** to work and I need to get it to work. Ive done everything.
    Dude seriously get the **** of the forums then. Call RIM or Verizon for help.

I hate morons.
    12-12-08 12:44 AM
    I'm running .76 with no problems (as are a thousand other users on here). There probably is a solution just have to figure it out. List everything you've done and the steps you took to get there from the upgrade on.... Then we can work from there.

If you did a complete wipe before putting .76 on did you delete vendor.xml? Just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 12:58 AM
    I would start with a setting's and third party app wipe..

Make a full backup in DM

There is a thread on here about backing up third party apps.

then once those things are done go to options>security options>general settings hit the bb menu key and in the menu it will say "wipe handhelp"

and follow the prompts

make sure that you have enough power on the phone and possibly even plug it into the wall..
    Last edited by noaim; 12-12-08 at 01:11 AM.
    12-12-08 01:01 AM
    It may be faster to simply visit the store where you bought it and have them reset it to it's default state.
    Faster, easier ... no frustration.
    12-12-08 02:23 AM
    It may be faster to simply visit the store where you bought it and have them reset it to it's default state.
    Faster, easier ... no frustration.
    I think clicking the device reset button is faster then driving down there and having them do the same thing..

also
    with .76 on there they wont touch it because its not a official verizon released OS..
    12-12-08 02:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD