I've tried to look for it, but I can't find it... how do I get the "vibration mode" to only vibrate once when I receive a text or email? Every time, it vibrates twice, and I usually ignore texts until I get a chance to view them, but answer calls right away. With the two vibrations, I automatically think that I'm getting a phone call.

Does that reason make any sense?
    09-09-09 08:12 PM
    I've tried to look for it, but I can't find it... how do I get the "vibration mode" to only vibrate once when I receive a text or email? Every time, it vibrates twice, and I usually ignore texts until I get a chance to view them, but answer calls right away. With the two vibrations, I automatically think that I'm getting a phone call.

Does that reason make any sense?
    Go to Sound profile > set ring tones/alerts > messages > then choose email or text you want to customize
    09-09-09 08:17 PM
    it won't let me click the "set ring tones/alerts" button

is there another way? I tried a battery pull, still nothing.
    09-09-09 08:34 PM
    click on the sound icon on your homepage in your zen theme, scroll down to Set Ringtones/Contact Alerts, Click on it, Once in that menu click on the "+" symbol next to "messages" once in there select your email or sms, next to vibration click the bubble and select "custom", This will open up the multiple options that you can utilize for the vibrate mode, if you are using a 5.0 OS you will have one extra option of "Vibrate with Ring Tone". I hope this helps
    09-09-09 08:56 PM
    I changed the title to make it an actual question that could be answered, to make it easier for the next guy.....

...remember to ....(from our Forum Posting Rules)......

Use a Descriptive Title

This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'someone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Pearl will not show myFaves icons” or “How do I use BB Maps on my 8100”
    09-09-09 09:20 PM
    it won't let me click the "set ring tones/alerts" button

is there another way? I tried a battery pull, still nothing.

Try battery pull & leave the battery out for 5 minute, this will reset your BB. If this doesn't allow you to "set the ring tones/alerts" your OS maybe corrupted, try to reinstall
    09-09-09 09:28 PM
    Thanks guys, the second battery pull worked.
    Sorry about the title pk!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 05:49 AM
    But did you fix the "double" vibrations? I have the same issue in vibrate mode. I turned off vibrate in all the alerts under the set ringtone menu and still get the double vibrations. what OS are you using?
    09-10-09 06:46 AM
    Thanks guys, the second battery pull worked.
    Sorry about the title pk!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's ok! I adjusted it for you, I'm just on this mission to get people to really think about thread titles so that these same threads can help others. I LOVE your screenname too.
    09-10-09 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD