Autocorrect generally works great for me but sometimes I don't want to accept the suggestion or change. How do I do this? Thanks
    08-11-09 08:50 AM
    You can adjust the spell check options and also your custom dictionary. Go to Options, then Spell Check, you will see the settings. Tweak away.
    08-11-09 09:40 AM
    Reading my initial post, I see it is not very clear.
    I would say that 99% of the time, I want auto correction to work and it works like a charm.
    1% of the time, I want to ignore the little blue popup that is the correct word and leave my intentional misspelling or foreign word or odd name in place. Is there any way known to do this other than letting it autocorrect and then backspacing until it switches back?
    Thanks.
    08-11-09 10:20 AM
    You can turn autocorrect off and leave spell check on. It will underline misspelled words but not correct. Then if you want to correct just click the underlined word and the blue popup opens with suggestion otherwise just keep typing.
    08-11-09 11:24 AM
    What he is asking is if there is any way to override Autocorrect mid typing. He wants Autocorrect on at all times, just occasionally they want the option of overriding it while they are typing. I don't know how, but it would be nice to know.
    tonyblu likes this.
    08-11-09 11:38 AM
    On my 8830 I could always go in the autocorrect and delete or add stuff in. I hated how HR turns into Hour.
    tonyblu likes this.
    12-15-09 03:57 PM
    All you do is click in an empty space, not the suggestion, and it will go away�
    tonyblu likes this.
    12-15-09 04:47 PM
    I just hit the escape button and it clears the options (and if it tried to "fix" my spelling, it unfixes it to what I originally typed)

Or am I misunderstanding where the OP wants to do this?
    tonyblu likes this.
    12-15-09 09:43 PM
    Drove me crazy too! I would type in MN for Minnesota and it would come up Minute. I deleted that MN/minute relationship in: Options, Auto Text. You should be able to figure out the rest of the navigation there.
    tonyblu likes this.
    09-14-11 08:14 AM
    My BB Classic (OS 10.3.2.858) is correcting its to it's. Illiterate tech morons. How do I stop this? (And happy new year!)
    12-30-15 07:39 PM
    05-04-17 04:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD