I woke up this morning and my storm lost all my contacts saved massages memos and tasks. Rearranged all my folders and pictures. I went through all the steps as if i set up the storm for the first time. i know i can restore from back up, but does any one have any clue why. Very upset storm user right now!!!
    09-10-09 06:46 AM
    someone tried to get it to it and caused it to do its security wipe. You have a password on it right?
    09-10-09 07:07 AM
    Agreed, sounds like you have a password and someone failed the password 10 times, which will do exactly what you said.
    09-10-09 07:11 AM
    That totally sucks. Sorry. Who had your phone?
    09-10-09 08:09 AM
    Yes I enabled password just to see what that function does and then my wife tried to get in and she failed. BUT I put the correct password and it put me in. I used it for a few minutes and then went to bed like I always do. Woke up and all contacts and saved info gone. Like a clean wipe has just happened.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 09:06 AM
    Sounds like she may have tried to get back in to the device after you!
    09-10-09 09:11 AM
    its the anti-snooping through my D*** phone app!
    09-10-09 09:11 AM
    Sounds like she may have tried to get back in to the device after you!
    yeah depending on what she may have found he might want to start sleeping with one eye open
    09-10-09 09:13 AM
    I changed the thread title to make it more like a question and answer. And the answer is, that your phone was security wiped after someone (probably the wife) entered the wrong password 10 times.

You are going to need to restore a backup.
    09-10-09 09:18 AM
    At least you know know the password/wipe phone thing works. Now you need to find out why your wife was so determined to get into your phone.
    09-10-09 12:06 PM
    WOW. That is some story. Is there a reason that your wife does not trust you?
    Last edited by stormcenter; 09-10-09 at 04:16 PM.
    09-10-09 12:15 PM
    I think there has to be somthing else to this story, I mean when you do get the password wrong the maximum amout of times (whatever you have it set to) on the last try it tells you that if you dont get it right all the data on the phone will be erased and I dont think someone is that dumb to not listen to that warning, and if someone was they must be pretty p*ssed with you
    09-10-09 12:21 PM
    I think there has to be somthing else to this story, I mean when you do get the password wrong the maximum amout of times (whatever you have it set to) on the last try it tells you that if you dont get it right all the data on the phone will be erased and I dont think someone is that dumb to not listen to that warning, and if someone was they must be pretty p*ssed with you
    Well, you know how women can be sometimes...
    09-10-09 12:49 PM
    is this the default setting? can you set this so that reaching the limit just locks the phone completely, without the wipe?
    09-10-09 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD