Alright, so I have had my storm for a few days now and for some reason I have some archived programs under my downloads section. Is there any way to get rid of them
    08-08-09 05:11 PM
    Alright, so I have had my storm for a few days now and for some reason I have some archived programs under my downloads section. Is there any way to get rid of them
    I had this too, and I think it's a new "feature" of the recent update to App World. I hate it.

If you open App World, then click on My World, you'll see the "archived" app(s) listed but the button will say "Reinstall" rather than "Uninstalled". If you highlight (don't click on) the app you want to remove, then press the BB menu button, click Delete and it'll be gone.

I hate this, and wish they'd remove it.
    08-08-09 05:30 PM
    My only options when I highlight it are

Move
    Move To Folder
    Hide
    Show Keyboard
    Switch Application
    08-08-09 05:42 PM
    My only options when I highlight it are

Move
    Move To Folder
    Hide
    Show Keyboard
    Switch Application
    Did you go to App World, then click on (open) My World, then highlight (do NOT click on) the app you want to delete, then press the menu button? If you don't follow those steps, you'll get the results you mention above.
    08-08-09 05:48 PM
    go to file explorer thingy and view system memory thingy and delete the appworld folder thing under blackberry...
    08-08-09 05:56 PM
    go to file explorer thingy and view system memory thingy and delete the appworld folder thing under blackberry...
    HUH?????????????
    Last edited by andy957; 08-08-09 at 06:04 PM.
    08-08-09 05:58 PM
    Did you go to App World, then click on (open) My World, then highlight (do NOT click on) the app you want to delete, then press the menu button? If you don't follow those steps, you'll get the results you mention above.
    Sweet, this did it, thanks.
    08-09-09 01:02 AM
    I have one application that just wont go away ... Flashlight. Its archived and when I press the menu button (in App World)I get the full menu including delete. I choose delete, the delete or cancel box pops up, I choose delete and the box immediately closes and the app is still archived.

The application wont show up in my Desktop Manager either so I guess I am stuck with it permanently
    09-22-09 07:07 AM
    @ tetters...

have you gone into option> advanced options> applications, and then deleted the flashlight program? after that, reboot your phone (pull battery if you dont get prompted), and try app world again.

if THAT doesn't work, then try deleting app world and rebooting your phone again...
    09-22-09 11:59 AM
    Sever,

Thanks for posting, I went through the advanced options to delete from there first, but even when I had the Flashligh app working, it wouldn't show there, and it still doesn't. I am going to remove app world and then reinstall it and see where that leads me. (throwing in the odd battery pull or three ... )

Once again, thanks for the help

T

As an update, I deleted the App World and pulled battery. Re-installed it, and lo-and-behold, there is Flashlight and Scorecard (permanently trying to downlaod) still there. I am not going to fret about it, I guess that App world can't talk to some apps ...
    Last edited by Tetters; 09-22-09 at 01:54 PM.
    09-22-09 12:29 PM
    Clear App World cache

1. Open App World
    2. Go to My World
    3 Clear the cache
    - For Storm & Pearl devices : show the keyboard, hold the num-lock ("!?123") button so it locks and then hit the three characters : 3 4 (
    - For other devices: hold down the ALT key and press the three keys R S T
    Last edited by Paul S; 09-26-09 at 11:17 AM.
    09-26-09 11:15 AM
    I found another way to delete the archived apps from app world if they are still showing after uninstalling. 1st i deleted the app world folders off the device memory/media card. then open up App World and go to my world. Go to the archived app and select 'reinstall' or 'restore' i think, cant remember.once it starts, hit the menu and pause it. then cancel it...worked for me
    12-11-09 10:48 PM
    If the program is archived already, restore it through the App world then delete it from through App World. When you reboot the phone, the program will be gone for good.
    12-19-09 10:59 AM
    Thx............
    12-21-09 10:34 AM
    I found another way to delete the archived apps from app world if they are still showing after uninstalling. 1st i deleted the app world folders off the device memory/media card. then open up App World and go to my world. Go to the archived app and select 'reinstall' or 'restore' i think, cant remember.once it starts, hit the menu and pause it. then cancel it...worked for me
    This absolutely works. I have had a few things archived for the longest time and it was bugging me. Did this on 1st generation Storm.
    01-27-10 10:18 AM
    Clear App World cache

1. Open App World
    2. Go to My World
    3 Clear the cache
    - For Storm & Pearl devices : show the keyboard, hold the num-lock ("!?123") button so it locks and then hit the three characters : 3 4 (
    Finally its gone, had to shut down and pull bat then poof gone yesssssssss
    if anyone of u see a visual voicemail app looks something like this )) RUN AWAY
    02-15-10 02:40 PM
    Clear App World cache

1. Open App World
    2. Go to My World
    3 Clear the cache
    loved this tip! not only did it do away with all the stupids, but it finally made appworld display programs i had installed but had never shown up in my appworld.

thanks!

but, ******, why wouldn't this be (in order of desire) a) publicized b)just a simple option or c) done automatically?!?!?
    02-27-10 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD