I know there are about a hundred "should I replace?" posts a day, but I've been happy with my Storm since I got it a week or so ago. I'm a fast texter, and a lot of times the light doesnt keep up with my texting (Hopefully fixed in future OS updates *fingers crossed*) but I notice that when I'm texting fast, sometimes the screen doesnt click as much as I feel like it should and at times feels like its getting a tiny tiny bit stuck.

My question is, does the ideal storm have a springyness to the click everywhere? I know it's all resting on 1 big button, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how springy the click has to be?

Thanks mates!
    01-04-09 11:29 PM
    Self-bump. Anyone?
    01-04-09 11:43 PM
    speed up your txt rate?
    and it should be like (---) springy...
    how do u measure that?
    01-04-09 11:48 PM
    if i angle my thumbs a little and use the nail edges to click i get a better click and a more precise touch. hold the phone as normal but almost come down with the thumbs at a 90 degree angle...... the problem might be that the pads of your thumbs are absorbing the recoil of the screen, so you arent feeling that rebound click when typing fast.

edit
    and yes speeding up your key rate in options - screen/keyboard - key rate to Medium Fast or Fast will get rid of the lag when typing.
    Last edited by wouldya; 01-05-09 at 02:17 AM.
    01-05-09 02:14 AM
    Not for me set to fast and still lags.
    Its. Lagging right effin now...lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 03:36 AM
    I'm the same way to when I type on my phone. The light does not keep up

01-05-09 05:33 AM
    My question is, does the ideal storm have a springyness to the click everywhere? I know it's all resting on 1 big button, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how springy the click has to be?

Thanks mates!
    Here's a definitive answer that I got from a BB CSR, to paraphrase b/c i've forgotten the exact words, "the response should be the same EVERYWHERE on the screen. It doesn't matter whether it's at the corners or sides, the response should be the same wherever you push down on it."

My original Storm did not fit that description. It had no depression response (recoil) near the call hard key. My current Storm is responding to the way the BB CSR said the Storm was to perform mechanically. I'm a happy abuser now.

As for the light keeping up... that's software. Others in the aforementioned posts have informed you where find a possible solution. If not, then hope that RIM comes out with an update that can alleviate your dilemma. Be thankful because it is a software problem that can be fixed with a firmware update. As for myself with the light keeping up, I use portrait mode with T9 function. Using one thumb, the light keeps up very well. Portrait with T9 is much faster than Landscape using qwerty.
    01-05-09 06:07 AM
    Supposedly the keyboard lag is better in recent leaked versions

01-05-09 06:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD