I have reset the "alarm sound" on the clock from the menu several times, but it never really changes (yes I hit 'save'). It sounds like someone plucking a guitar string 3 times, no matter what it's set to.

I've become somewhat frustrated by this, not really annoyed, just curious as to how to get it to really change. (I'm running .85 FW but it did the same thing under .63 and .75)...
    01-04-09 11:16 PM
    under clock pull up options and you can change your alarm tune as well as volume etc... hope that helps

also forgot to say that you can try it to make sure that it is loud enough for you and that you are satisfied
    01-04-09 11:19 PM
    under clock pull up options and you can change your alarm tune as well as volume etc... hope that helps

also forgot to say that you can try it to make sure that it is loud enough for you and that you are satisfied
    Ya, that SHOULD do it, but it doesn't. That's what I've been trying all along.

Thanks for the thought.

I think I'll try to delete the alarm clock app and reinstall it. Should be able to do that from DM.
    01-04-09 11:23 PM
    That fixed it. After uninstalling the clock then restored everything from the DM. Now I can change it.

That was VERY strange!!!
    01-04-09 11:34 PM
    I did the same, but after some tests the weird sound returned. I emailed a friend of mine who has the storm and his did it once, but seemed to work again.

Anyone else have this problem?
    01-04-09 11:42 PM
    I have this problem on my 8900 and I'm trying to fix it. The sound that it plays is not a sound in the list of tones/ringtones/notifiers at all... jeez.
    Last edited by crproject; 01-08-09 at 01:42 AM.
    01-08-09 01:36 AM
    I've got a fix for it... 3 steps, and I'm not sure if step 1 is needed or not.

Step 1: (found this on some other forum) Enable the firewall on the 8900. Options -> Security Options -> Firewall

Step 2: Set the alarm tone to a song on a media card and trigger the alarm

Step 3: Set the alarm tone back to antelop (or whatever) and it should work

I only did step 1 because I read somewhere that it is part of the process for fixing it, but it makes no sense to me that it would do anything relevant. But, those were the steps I took to get my alarm to play the correct tone.
    01-08-09 01:40 AM
    Good to know this. I use my Storm alarm all the time. Although, I've never had a problem with the alarm tone.
    01-08-09 01:43 AM
    thanks for the info guys. especially you emkayh. i just set my alarm to be a favorite song instead of that annoying chime thing. we'll see if it works out.
    01-09-09 12:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD