I purchased a couple of TV shows from I-tunes and am having trouble getting them to sync onto the Storm. The music files work fine but I get an error message that the file types for the vidoes can not be played on the Storm. Don't all vidoes from I-tunes come in the same format, so why would these not work and how can I fix it.
    12-17-08 08:04 AM
    The videos are probably DRM protected....
    12-17-08 08:30 AM
    They are and you can't download iTunes videos (or music) directly to a Blackberry. One may be able to crack the DRM but that is illegal in the US (not that it would stop me if I paid for something and wanted to use it) and I have no idea how to do it.

Consider it a good lesson learned, don't buy DRM'd crap unless you can immediately remove the DRM. By spending lots of money on iTunes junk you are locking yourself to iPods for the rest of your life or at least as long as you want to use the media.
    12-17-08 08:36 AM
    Yeah, itunes won't let you do much of anything with videos, with any music you can burn them to a cd then import as mp3
    12-17-08 08:40 AM
    Try searching for Drm converter software on google. Most of them that I have seen make a second copy of the movie or song you are converting however I believe you can overwrite the original if you want. I dont know if I can name the programs i use on the forum, but I can tell you the one I use works very well.
    12-17-08 09:19 AM
    You have 2 options:

Either get a DRM conversion program or

Burn the vids to DVD and then rip back to computer. Once ripped burned it is no longer a protected file. I do this all the time with my music.
    12-17-08 09:23 AM
    Thanks for all the suggestions.
    12-17-08 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD