Is there a way to make a storm 2 run completely functional on the Rogers Network? and if so does anyone have a link to steps? Also to anyone else who have done this I would love some feedback on their usage and how its going for you? Also before I buy my storm 2 I need to know which I should buy to run on Rogers 9550 or 9530 what is the difference?
    12-04-09 05:59 PM
    where is all the Storm users?
    12-04-09 07:28 PM
    I take it not a single person on here knows how to do this?
    12-05-09 11:23 PM
    I take it not a single person on here knows how to do this?
    I'm running an unlocked storm 9530 from Verizon on Rogers and it works fine. Just popped in my sim card and it downloaded the service books and I was up and running in minutes and receiving emails and surfing the web. The only down side is that you only get EDGE signal as the Storm only is 3G on cdma networks such as Telus or Bell. I love my Storm and am enjoying it on Rogers. PM me if you have anymore questions. Cheers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 03:37 AM
    I'm running an unlocked storm 9530 from Verizon on Rogers and it works fine. Just popped in my sim card and it downloaded the service books and I was up and running in minutes and receiving emails and surfing the web. The only down side is that you only get EDGE signal as the Storm only is 3G on cdma networks such as Telus or Bell. I love my Storm and am enjoying it on Rogers. PM me if you have anymore questions. Cheers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    did you have to unlock it?
    12-06-09 08:38 AM
    Yes the phone needs to be unlocked.
    12-06-09 09:19 AM
    now how can I download service books when rogers doesnt provide service books towards this phone?
    12-06-09 10:43 AM
    did you have to unlock it?
    You betcha. Once it was unlocked and sim card was inserted it found the Rogers gsm network and automatically pushed the services books to my phone. I have heard of people having problems with this but you can get Rogers to push them to your phone or log into your BIS account if you are already an exsisting BB user with Rogers and re send them to the phone. As i said my browser and email were all working within minutes after installing my sim card and remember you wont get 3G data speeds on gsm with the storm even though its a 3G phone it only will get it on cdma networks like Telus. If you haven't already purchased the phone you can find them already unlocked online. And as far as Rogers goes, they dont care what kind of phone your using on their network they just wont offer any support for it. Mines working fine for months now so I'm not too worried about it. The 9550/9520 are the Storm 2 models and the 9500/9530 are the Storm 1 models.
    12-06-09 02:20 PM
    You betcha. Once it was unlocked and sim card was inserted it found the Rogers gsm network and automatically pushed the services books to my phone. I have heard of people having problems with this but you can get Rogers to push them to your phone or log into your BIS account if you are already an exsisting BB user with Rogers and re send them to the phone. As i said my browser and email were all working within minutes after installing my sim card and remember you wont get 3G data speeds on gsm with the storm even though its a 3G phone it only will get it on cdma networks like Telus. If you haven't already purchased the phone you can find them already unlocked online. And as far as Rogers goes, they dont care what kind of phone your using on their network they just wont offer any support for it. Mines working fine for months now so I'm not too worried about it. The 9550/9520 are the Storm 2 models and the 9500/9530 are the Storm 1 models.
    thanks for the info, but what is the difference between the 2 storm2 models?
    12-06-09 10:36 PM
    The 9550 would be cdma and the 9520 would be gsm (sim card)
    Last edited by nick187211; 12-07-09 at 02:17 AM.
    12-07-09 12:46 AM
    so since Im with Rogers would I be better off getting the 9520?
    12-26-09 10:43 PM
    9520 will only be on EDGE becasue the 3G in on 2100 and none in North America.
    12-27-09 07:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD