ok i have a unlocked 9530 on at&t, with the forums and what not i've been able to get the uppercase EDGE to show up, i've also used one of those radio swap programs to load the .90 radio (although i'm not sure because I don't know how to verify if my process worked)

anyway, the big EDGE stays on now, of course until I try to use applications like pandora and then it goes back to the little edge, and the internet doesn't work until I disable and renable the network.

also, in the process of trying to downgrade the radio and install one of these hybrid OSes my browser has went away.
    08-27-09 08:01 PM
    08-27-09 08:07 PM
    i used method 1, but everytime I use stuff like pandora or youtube it drops to edge and the net stops working.
    08-27-09 08:10 PM
    what os are you running? does pandora stop working as well at a point while streaming?
    08-27-09 08:31 PM
    umm i'm not sure, 4.7 , i tried installing the hybrid software but I wasn't sure how to get it to show up in the manager thing, I put the folders in the shared folder with the existing firmware folder.

No, the second I load a appp like pandora, or youtube, the phone drops down to edge and not /EDGE and nothing will load.
    08-27-09 09:04 PM
    i just completely wiped the phone and did the tutorial, and same problem... but the browser is back, when I try to open pandora or visual voice mail, or anything like that it flashes back to lower case edge and the net won't work for a minute or two, and those apps will never connect.
    08-27-09 10:04 PM
    my firmware is 4.7.0.167
    08-27-09 10:28 PM
    my firmware is 4.7.0.167
    thats the os you're trying to load to your storm? whose hybrid is it? have you tried searching the thread for that hybrid?

you said that the net shuts for like a min or two & that the 2 apps won't connect. does the net stay off unless batt pull? might be radio.

check w/ hybrid creator regarding radio change. radio is reflected in platform, 4.0.0.XXX. located in options-->about-->next to os version
    08-28-09 08:41 AM
    I changed the title.....

.....remember to ....(from our Forum Posting Rules)......

Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'someone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Pearl will not show myFaves icons” or “How do I use BB Maps on my 8100”
    08-28-09 08:48 AM
    theinvictus1 your storm that you have unlocked and running on at&t has VVM? if so how is it working for you, and how did you get it on your storm?
    08-28-09 10:07 AM
    I don't know about EDGE but you can get LEDGE more commonly known as CRAP from ATT

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 01:07 PM
    WhoolioPreludee what carrier are you with that you can put at&t down like that.
    08-28-09 02:29 PM
    Verizon of course. Do not even lecture me on coverage and service as I've had att nextel sprint tmobile and cingular (before it was acquired by att) nextel used to be the best but when sprint purchased nextel it went to crap, just like everything else it does. My point is why get a great device only to hamper it with sub par wireless coverage that its only competition is a paper cup and a string. Its like hooking up with a hot girl and give her trash bag for a dress. Its no secret att has horrible coverage its posted everywhere. Don't believe me ? Search it

08-28-09 03:22 PM
    By the way this Edge question has been asked numerous times . Look around and you will find it

08-28-09 03:25 PM
    theinvictus1, I'm currently using the .75 build and always have a constant EDGE. While I do not use pandora, salacker, browser and youtube all work fine. I know a lot of these crackheads on here will freak out about me not upgrading but have tried them all and .75 has been the most stable. Question for you, how did you get VVM on your Storm?
    08-28-09 05:27 PM
    theinvictus1, I'm currently using the .75 build and always have a constant EDGE. While I do not use pandora, salacker, browser and youtube all work fine. I know a lot of these crackheads on here will freak out about me not upgrading but have tried them all and .75 has been the most stable. Question for you, how did you get VVM on your Storm?
    Same here, with .75 I never get edge, it's always EDGE. Bluetooth connection is something else!!
    08-28-09 11:16 PM
    Im using hybrid .151 and i followed joe kents advice and didnt change radio code just cleared all my apn settings and left all that blank. I have had FULL EDGE all day!!! i highly recommend to upgrade to .151 and leave apn settings blank..memory is amazing 50mb!!
    08-29-09 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD