Hi all. My gf gave me a storm she got from someone else, and had it set up on Bell. She hated it, and bought a Bold. I took the phone, unlocked it, wiped it, reinstalled the OS and put in my Rogers sim card, then went to Rogers and got a data plan, and now it's working fine. Except that it still has her number in it, and i can't figure out how to change that. I tried dialling ##000000 on the phone, but it says Invalid Password. Does anyone know of a different password or another method i could try? Sorry if the answer has been posted - i tried to do a search, and million threads came up - i started looking thru them, but i wasn't finding what i wanted.

Thanks in advance.
    05-15-10 10:07 PM
    ##111111 might work.

The other option is to DOWNGRADE to the original OS 4.7.0.76 and use a hex reader to find the MEP id. This only works on the original software, and is a pain to do but it works. I don't know how, I've just read others' posts on it. I believe a user named leafsfan had a very detailed thread on this very issue. Search it and you may find the answer.

Can Rogers help at all or are they clueless, because this was originally activated on a CDMA network? My "secondary" test Storm is on Rogers, unlocked, originally activated on Bell, and I had no issues whatsoever getting "my number" to show once I popped in my Rogers SIM. I did to this whilst talking with a technician.
    05-15-10 10:51 PM
    Hmm... i tried ##111111 and it said "usage of programming lock code has exceeded the limit"

I haven't asked rogers about it, but i guess i could. My call display isn't working, so i need to call CS anyway. Rogers doesn't actually carry the Storm tho, so they may not be able to help - or they just might not want to, since i didn't buy the phone from them.

I have the MEP code already, but when i tried to search for posts by leafsfan and Leafs Fan, nothing came up.
    Last edited by Sandan35; 05-15-10 at 11:20 PM.
    05-15-10 11:17 PM
    Sorry. I misremembered the username.

It's Leafan. It's also not MEP, its MSL. Sorry about that!

Here's one of the posts to get you started:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/pos...ssword-395553/

Oh,and Rogers were perfectly fine with walking me thru the steps once they knew I had an UNLOCKED Storm1.
    Last edited by skwij; 05-15-10 at 11:54 PM.
    05-15-10 11:51 PM
    Well i went thru that other post, downloaded the two programs and tried that - even downgraded to original OS - and when i try to read the phone with uniCDMA it keeps saying can't connect to port4, and when i try to do the memory thing, it says no phone connected. Guess i'm SOL, unless there are any other ideas out there. Perhaps i'll try calling Rogers, tho my call display is working now, so i don't really need to call them for anything.
    05-16-10 03:20 PM
    If you have other USB ports, try them in succession. Sometimes one or a couple of them won't work well enough to use uniCDMA, and you simply need to use another port.
    05-16-10 09:10 PM
    Was the phone running on a BES? I had to remove the IT policy from my husband's old curve to get past the password and get it running a while back. Look for tutorials on it here. It wasn't too hard with CrackUtil.
    05-16-10 10:16 PM
    Was the phone running on a BES? I had to remove the IT policy from my husband's old curve to get past the password and get it running a while back. Look for tutorials on it here. It wasn't too hard with CrackUtil.
    I don't know if it was on a BES before she got it. I did use crackutil to wipe the phone, reset the IT, and all that a couple times tho. I guess i'll try a different USB port, tho i'm not sure why that would make a difference.
    05-17-10 09:15 AM
    Well, i tried different USB ports, and that didn't help. I called Rogers tech support, and they couldn't help. I asked a friend who knows someone that is apparently quite knowledgeable with BB's, and he relayed the problem to the friend, who said he had never seen that error before, and therefore had no idea what to do about it. Does anyone have any other ideas? I hate to just give up on it, but I haven't been able to find any other info on what i might be able to do.
    05-19-10 04:49 PM
    Hi, just wondering if you had any luck with this? I'm having a similar problem with my Tour. UniCDMA can't find the phone
    08-26-10 07:18 PM
    Hi, just wondering if you had any luck with this? I'm having a similar problem with my Tour. UniCDMA can't find the phone
    I did, but I didn't do it myself. I asked the people in a Wireless Wave kiosk in the mall... they took the phone, did some stuff that they wouldn't tell me, and got it changed. They had to look up some numbers on the 'net, and i assume perhaps get into engineering screens or something like that. They wouldn't tell me how they did it, but they did it.
    08-28-10 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD