How can i block certain numbers from texting me?
    12-08-08 05:00 PM
    you can go into options-security-firewall settings and set it so they cant text you
    12-08-08 05:04 PM
    you are the freaking man
    that is so sweet
    no mor x girlfriend bitchy texts
    12-08-08 08:35 PM
    can you block numbers from calling you as well? and will they know you have blocked them? i wanna block my x lol
    12-08-08 08:41 PM
    Call blocking is not available on cells.
    12-08-08 08:48 PM
    You can use a 3rd party app called Antair Call Screener 2.0 for blocking specific numbers or callers with no caller ID. $49.99 but worth the headache if you ask me. Especially if you have ex-gf's + bill collectors etc.
    12-08-08 09:01 PM
    OMG GOD BLESS YOU! This is a serious miracle for me lol. Now if only the app to block private calls was free. If I keep getting prank phone calls im gonna do it though so damn annoying
    12-08-08 09:21 PM
    You can use a 3rd party app called Antair Call Screener 2.0 for blocking specific numbers or callers with no caller ID. $49.99 but worth the headache if you ask me. Especially if you have ex-gf's + bill collectors etc.
    you can call verizon and ask them to flag your line for 'do not accept anonymous calls'. this would then force the caller to press *82 before dialing which unhides their phone #.
    12-08-08 09:29 PM
    is this free of charge if so im calling tomorrow what number do i call
    12-08-08 09:38 PM
    you can call verizon and ask them to flag your line for 'do not accept anonymous calls'. this would then force the caller to press *82 before dialing which unhides their phone #.

last i asked for such feature they said they can not provide it on cell phones!
    12-08-08 09:41 PM
    Actually if you are a Verizon Wireless customer you can block up to 5 numbers for free by calling customer care.

Also you can block text messages by using vtext.com
    12-08-08 09:52 PM
    its not letting me block a certain number. do i have the feature to block 1 number our do i have to everybody except for my contacts?
    12-08-08 09:53 PM
    I just got youmail (youmail.com) and you can set it to "ditch" certain numbers or even play a message that says your phone number is no longer in service.

It's sort of fantastic. Oh, and FREE.

-R.
    12-08-08 10:41 PM
    Youmail seems like a neat service, but with these 3rd party apps the phone never even rings. For me, when an unwanted call comes through and requires me to interact with it somehow, that's what makes my blood boil. And from what I've read, it seems like youmail requires you to let the phone ring until the phone is able to forward the unwanted call to your youmail number and deal with it from there. I would imagine that if you don't let it ring and try to hang it up, it will not be forwarded to youmail. Is that how it works?
    12-08-08 11:21 PM
    You can block txts from vtext.com. Once you sign in I think its options you click on. Its in the menu on the left hand side. Good luck!
    12-08-08 11:38 PM
    Hey do what I did! Set up exceptions in your profile for people/numbers you want to block. Then set the tone to mute. Works like a charm!
    12-08-08 11:41 PM
    Youmail seems like a neat service, but with these 3rd party apps the phone never even rings. For me, when an unwanted call comes through and requires me to interact with it somehow, that's what makes my blood boil. And from what I've read, it seems like youmail requires you to let the phone ring until the phone is able to forward the unwanted call to your youmail number and deal with it from there. I would imagine that if you don't let it ring and try to hang it up, it will not be forwarded to youmail. Is that how it works?
    Youmail is quite nice. Once you set it up there is not a lot of interacting. Even if you decide to ignore the call from your handset the call will be forwarded to the YouMail account. It does nto require much interaction once everything is set up. If you can elect not to allow certain callers to leave messages at all. Sure the phone will still ring, at least until it is ignored on your end or forwared by the system but it is cool how it works.
    12-08-08 11:47 PM
    You can block txts from vtext.com. Once you sign in I think its options you click on. Its in the menu on the left hand side. Good luck!

nopz.. that site lets you block from specific email addresses it also lets you block from someone using your phones email address which is like [email protected]

and also from webdomains you can block..

but blocking phone numbers itself don't work..

You may be able to block there phone if you know the carriers email extentions

like with verizon @vtext.com

so putting in like [email protected] might block there phone.

I could be wrong someone correct me if I am.
    12-09-08 12:02 AM
    Blocking through vtext has never worked for me, whether I entered by phone number or email address of the phone. Blocking through firewall on phone definitely works for me. I set it so that unless you are in my address book, nothing gets through. Just checked and it says that 41 SMS have been blocked and 1 MMS. Nice! I use Black and Whitelist to screen my calls and again with that, unless callers are in my address book, they get dumped straight to voicemail. Love it!
    12-09-08 12:21 AM
    or you could just go with visual voice mail. according to the verizon web site, vvm includes (among other things) the ability to create 10 different caller-id based greetings. i was not able to find out how to do this but here is the link that describes that feature:

Calling Features: Visual Voice Mail

here is another link that compares the features of basic vs vvm:

Answers to FAQs

if anyone figures out how to use the fax feature please let me know
    12-09-08 01:22 AM
    What is it with all you guys and crazy ex-gf's calling you?? I have always found "F OFF" to work just as well as blocking her number. LOL
    12-09-08 09:09 AM
    verizon has a chaperone service you can add to a line. It is supposed to be for kids but it allows blocking, times when you can receive texts and calls etc.
    12-09-08 09:15 AM
    For Verizon Customers: vtext.com is a good solution...kind of. You actually can't just add phone numbers that you don't want texting you, you have to put in [email protected]'s or domain.com or [email protected]. I tried putting in phone numbers but no luck. It told me i had put invalid info in the text field or something along those lines anyway. But i did try a work-a-round and am hoping it works. I'll re-post if it does and let you guys know what exactly i did.
    05-03-09 05:27 PM
    Hey do what I did! Set up exceptions in your profile for people/numbers you want to block. Then set the tone to mute. Works like a charm!
    How do you set up exceptions? I have seen this mentioned a few times, and have yet to figure it out (although I haven't tried very hard).
    05-03-09 05:58 PM
    For Verizon Customers: Ok, so i just figured it out. You actually CAN block individual numbers from Calling & Messaging you. To do so just follow these directions: Go to New Cell Phones, CPO Cell Phones, Prepaid Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless and click on the My Verizon tab. Log into your My Verizon account (if your not already) and make sure you're on the "Overview" tab of your account. From there click on the "My Services" tab. On the right hand side click "Verizon Safeguards" and then 2 options appear, click on "Spam Controls" and there you go. You can add up to 5 phone numbers you want to block from Calling & Messaging you.
    05-03-09 06:04 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD