I posted this at the tail end of another long thread but after my experience of getting the info, I think it may be useful up front and on its own.

Note: Some updates of the 9530 OS will not present the ability to display a keyboard in landscape mode. If you have this problem on YOUR 9350, follow these directions:

1) Start with the Home Screen,
    2) Go to your "Options" icon by pressing the "Blackberry Symbol" hard key,
    3) In "Options", select "Screen/Keyboard",
    4) In the "Screen/Keyboard" selections, make one of your Side Convenience Keys open "Virtual Keyboard"" and save upon exiting,
    5) Return to the Home Screen and press the button you activated for the virtual keyboard,
    6) In Portrait mode of that keyboard (it's the only way it will display, there is no landscape keyboard for this), whether Suretype or Full, press the number shift key and hold it to lock,
    7) Now press the following keys on the number keypad: ,5,5 (that's comma five comma five),
    8) And Beak's your uncle! You're in the Event Log. Good luck.
    02-03-11 06:06 PM
    there is also this small little app (41kb) in app world called "ShowEventLog" that opens the event log viewer on the storms. much easier than trying to get to it from the virtual keyboard.
    02-04-11 07:05 AM
    That is all very nice, but I just wanted to make known how it could be done as there was a lengthy post regarding this and the later OS's don't have a landscape keyboard. Many, as was myself, were stymied by the original posters inarticulation and I suspect they also posses an unlocked unit that is lacking the complete service books to obtain apps. The amount of "views" on this post seem to indicate it is a matter of interest, and for some the object of DIY instead of just downloading an app is more appealing.
    Thank you for the suggestion though.
    02-04-11 12:53 PM
    thanks very much
    02-05-11 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD