Have a replacement Storm for the past 6 weeks. Not having any problems. Running OS .75. No new apps the past several weeks. Yesterday battery drained completely in < 2 hours (went to make a call and phone was dead). Charged it half way (so I could use it again) and noticed last night after 2 hours the battery area was hot and charge went from 50% to 15% without use. Ran it for another hour and battery was no longer hot and battery percentage stayed at 15%. Checked to make sure there was nothing else running in the background other than my usual 6 apps. Keep my Storm in a holster and lock it before placing it in there. Did a battery pull and charged it completely last night. So far the past 3 hours this morning having no problems.
    Any thoughts as to what might be going on?
    04-16-09 07:02 AM
    Are you running an application that is or is similar to google maps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 07:53 AM
    There could be a few factors that could contribute to this. There are so many problems with .75 so you need to update to .113 if you are confortable running an unofficial release. I would watch out for programs that constantly run and update a lot. Turn GPS off if it is on and do a battery pull ever now and again.
    04-16-09 08:02 AM
    Are you running an application that is or is similar to google maps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Running Google Maps, but have been since I got the device. Also to thread above, running .75 but also have been all along with no changes
    04-16-09 09:07 AM
    This happens to me once in while. It has happend with all os's so if you figure it out let me know.
    04-16-09 09:21 AM
    Running Google Maps, but have been since I got the device. Also to thread above, running .75 but also have been all along with no changes
    That might be it, sounds like Google Maps had the data connection open and sending (explains battery drain, and hot battery). I don't know if it's possible, but if you could check data usage for the day that would be a tip off.

Also, a hot battery after extended use and/or charging is normal.
    Last edited by Joel S.; 04-16-09 at 09:26 AM.
    04-16-09 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD