So my friend gave me his Blackberry Storm to use for a few weeks. I was told that it needs to charge. So I plugged it in with the charger he provided me and it sat there with a red light on and the bottom row of buttons lit up for a few minutes. Now it is blinking a yellow light which I know from my old Blackberry 8330 means it is charging, but I also know that that supposedly means I should be able to turn it on now.

Well I still cannot turn it on and was wondering if anyone had any tips?

Right now my plan is just to let it live on the charger for the next couple hours until it will turn on or should be able to at least.

Any help would be awesome!
    07-27-11 12:12 AM
    The battery is probably REALLY dead.
    As you said, just let it charge for a few hours and it should resurrect from the dead.
    07-27-11 12:19 AM
    *Fingers Crossed*
    07-27-11 12:23 AM
    I second, that this is a case of the battery being in deep discharged state. Just to check the hardware functionality see if the device goes to a different screen when you connect it to your pc, without the battery?
    07-27-11 12:29 AM
    When I remove the battery and plug it into my Macbook it just began showing a solid red light. Nothing more, nothing less.
    07-27-11 12:46 AM
    So it has been charging this whole time and still nothing. I put it in the light and it looks like there is a very dim picture of a battery but the backlight on the screen isnt on. I guess ill just continue to leave it on the charger and see what happens.
    07-27-11 01:46 AM
    So the phone is fully charged. I took it off the charger and it still wasnt turning it on, until I got a flashlight on it. It turns out the backlight wont turn on?

I can see the apps and manipulate the screen but there is no light so it is incredibly hard to see. Right now I am waiting for it to load up the rest of the way from the handheld wipe i just did... Hopefully this works.
    07-27-11 04:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD