I did a search and couldn't find anything so hopefully this hasn't been discussed yet.

First, I'm on the 75 OS & this is the icons, NOT the notifications at the top. Yesterday I noticed that I was getting notifications but my home screen icons weren't changing. The star that usually sits on the Mail folder & Gmail folders wasn't there when I got a new message. I later noticed that if I happened to roll the phone over to it's landscape mode so that all icons were visible, it WOULD show the updated (starred) mail icons. I did a reset with SoftReset & the problem was still there. I changed my homescreen layout from 2 icons to 3 and the stars showed up but wouldn't go away when the messages were read. Changed it back to 2 and it corrected back but still wouldn't update. I finally did a physical battery pull and it worked fine until I woke up this morning and it was back. I had a notification for 5 emails but the icon showed no star. Anybody have any ideas?

Programs: SoftReset, MemoryUp Personal 2.70, amAze 4.5, Facebook, Viigo 3.0.710, Nav4All 8.0.78, GPSed 1.1, Google Maps, Beyond411 4.2, & WeatherBug 0.1.0.172
    12-10-08 06:45 AM
    well.. it looks as if your using a couple not fullly upgraded apps.. they may be causing a conflict or your os might just be bugged...

I have never had that issue so its probably a conflict with something..

there has been a few posts of the same issue I wish people would always list the apps there using just in case some of these problems are being caused by third party apps..
    12-10-08 07:33 AM
    I have the same problem (I'm running .76).

The message notification icon doesn't always seem to be accurate in Portrait mode.

I'm running Instango, Google Maps, QuickPull, YouTube, Ascendo Money, Viigo, Nintaii, Texas Hold 'em with Phil Hellmuth, Opera Mini, and gCalc.

Wow, didn't realize how many 3rd party apps I had installed until I started to list them all!
    12-10-08 07:43 AM
    I don't really know how the Facebook app is on the Storm, but it has caused major issues for many people here. E-mail problems was just one of the many issues...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 07:51 AM
    I've been running .75 for several days (as well as facebook so i'm pretty sure they aren't the problem. It also started working again as soon as I posted this topic. If it starts again i'm going to delete the newest apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD