Once you go into the properties of the image and click hidden...how to you go about unhiding these images?

Thanks
    12-09-08 02:01 AM
    Once you go into the properties of the image and click hidden...how to you go about unhiding these images?

Thanks
    from the main screen,
    click BB key,
    then click either hide to unhide permanently
    or
    show all to just show it subdued.

you'll see what i mean when you try it
    12-09-08 02:10 AM
    im talking about specifically hiding pictures (not applications of folders). In the media ap, under pictures, you can go into the properties of the picture and click "hidden"....how do i unhide these now??
    12-09-08 11:39 AM
    Go to media manager

Menu

Explore

Go to whereever you pic are

Menu

Show hidden

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 11:44 AM
    Thank you sooooo much vndlewis!!! This was driving me mad! Such a relief when you finally know how to use any device's features.
    02-28-09 09:51 PM
    You are quite welcome.

03-02-09 09:25 AM
    UN-HIDING THE PHOTO

Select the MEDIA icon on the home page of the phone - STOP at the initial Media page (the page with the visual icons that offer the choices of Music, Videos, Ring Tones, Pictures and Voice Notes)..

Click on the menu button (left of the trackball), and Select "Explore".....this will take you to a File Explorer type of menu.....

Select "Device Memory"

Select "Home"

Select "User"

Select "Pictures"

In the "Pictures" folder, click on the Menu button, and select "Show Hidden"...

The file name of the hidden photo will appear in the Pictures folder in GREY...

Highlight the file name....click on the Menu button, and select "Properties"...

A new window will open.....scroll to the bottom of the window and click on the box next to "Hidden"...this will REMOVE the check that was there.....click the "Back" button on the phone...or the "Close" button inside the window.
    10-03-09 03:35 PM
    Ok, I'm running 5.0.0.230 and I don't seem to have the "Show Hidden" Option in my menu. Can anyone running 5.0 confirm that this option does not exist or perhaps explain a different way of showing hidden pictures? Thanks.
    10-15-09 04:44 AM
    this helped me soo much! i'm so glad i found it!
    10-16-09 04:07 PM
    i thought i was going to go bonkers!!!!! thats what i get for going into things i dont need to... AGAIN

UN-HIDING THE PHOTO

Select the MEDIA icon on the home page of the phone - STOP at the initial Media page (the page with the visual icons that offer the choices of Music, Videos, Ring Tones, Pictures and Voice Notes)..

Click on the menu button (left of the trackball), and Select "Explore".....this will take you to a File Explorer type of menu.....

Select "Device Memory"

Select "Home"

Select "User"

Select "Pictures"

A new window will open.....scroll to the bottom of the window and click on the box next to "Hidden"...this will REMOVE the check that was there.....click the "Back" button on the phone...or the "Close" button inside the window.
    10-25-09 06:19 PM
    thanks for the info.
    10-25-09 09:12 PM
    yay! i had accidentally hidden an image a while back, i'd pretty much written it off as lost. good to know.
    10-26-09 08:30 PM
    ok... so.. I went to the properties of media, and now I've somehow hidden my media pictures folder.

Let me start from the beginning. I have hidden images on my blackberry, and am trying to figure out how to un-hide them.

So, I have looked at the posts below and went to:
    "Media"
    (didn't see a properties) so
    clicked on "Explore"
    "memory card"
    "blackberry"
    "pictures"

Now i've managed to hide that "pictures" folder on the memory card. UGH!

Can someone help me un-hide my images and that folder? There so should be a disable feature to that "Hide" button.

Thanks,
    Char
    11-01-09 09:22 AM
    I recently had some hidden files and folders on my storm. Actually finding them was really easy. Here is what I did:

Applications folder,
    Files,
    either folder or all files (i have a ton so I did folders)
    media card or device memory (depending where they might be)
    ....for me, mine was in the pictures section so I clicked on that
    hit the smart button and select show hidden

You can really do this also by selecting the all files and show hidden because the hidden file is shaded gray so its easy to scroll down and select it

11-01-09 10:44 AM
    UN-HIDING THE PHOTO

Select "Device Memory"

Select "Home"

Select "User"

Select "Pictures"

I did all of that, but when i go to properties and tic off the check mark beside "hide" it doesnt do anything. It just stays checked. :l i don't know what to do now.
    12-22-09 04:23 PM
    I did all of that, but when i go to properties and tic off the check mark beside "hide" it doesnt do anything. It just stays checked. :l i don't know what to do now.
    Have you gotten the hidden pictures unhidden yet? I found how to do it also, and read the post by sdavis630 which is identical to what I did.

What part are you still having trouble with?
    01-03-10 09:22 PM
    Ok, I'm running 5.0.0.230 and I don't seem to have the "Show Hidden" Option in my menu. Can anyone running 5.0 confirm that this option does not exist or perhaps explain a different way of showing hidden pictures? Thanks.
    I did it the way sdavis630 suggested and it works on my Storm2 with 5.0.0.320
    Last edited by PressNClick; 01-03-10 at 09:39 PM.
    01-03-10 09:24 PM
    I followed the same steps, and worked just fine on my 8330 curve

01-21-10 05:45 AM
    i got through alll that i just cant get lastt step. my check mark next to "hidden" wont go awayy! helpme please?
    01-21-10 08:17 PM
    UN-HIDING THE PHOTO

Select "Device Memory"

Select "Home"

Select "User"

Select "Pictures"

I got through all the steps until it gets to "select show hidden", my phone shows no such button...
    02-16-10 04:25 PM
    hit menu button then hit show all.
    02-16-10 04:49 PM
    juz hit show all
    02-16-10 05:10 PM
    this is not working as the HIDE CHECK BOX stays GREYED out when I explore out to the SHOW ALL setting...
    02-17-10 08:03 AM
    GEEZ! After reading ALL of these and google AND just plain o' playing around on my phone and getting aggravated beyond belief, i figured this out!

I have a BB Curve 8330 Verizon

so..

- Open up your "Media" (the app with your videos, ringtones, pictures, etc..)
    - Put your "cursor" over the Pictures Icon but don't click on it
    - Press the "Dot's Key" (ya kno, the key next to the trackball with the dots)
    - Then click "explore"

** You should see "Media Card" and Device Memory"
    ** (I clicked Media Card cause I don't keep pics on my Device)

* Now you should see a list of folders
    * My phone shows some of these folders:
    *- Blackberry
    *- my_files
    *- my_flix
    and so on and so forth

- Click the "Blackberry" folder
    **Now it should have yet another list of folders like - app_world, documents, music, pictures, ringtones...etc..**

- Click on the "Pictures" folder

**If you have pictures yet to be put in a folder after taking a picture on your phone, they will appear here AFTER clicking "Pictures". Since I don't have this area clear of pictures, I don't know what it would be like for someone who doesn't have pictures in this section. But if you DO have pictures NOT in a folder after taking a picture, then this is for you.**

** Now you should see "Camera" and if you have pictures, they will be here, too.

NOW, CLICK THE "DOTS KEY" AND CLICK "SHOW HIDDEN" & YOUR FOLDER/PICS SHOULD BE THERE!!!!

- Then all you have to do to make this "visible" again, view "properties" on that folder/picture and UNCHECK the "hidden" checkbox.

I'm sorry if none of this works for you.

& if your like me, I would definitely memorize these steps just in case there is something you want to hide from the rest of the world =P

But this is what I did to find my "missing" folder.
    02-17-10 04:27 PM
    UN-HIDING THE PHOTO

Select "Device Memory"

Select "Home"

Select "User"

Select "Pictures"

The only thing to change from this is to go to "Media Card", instead of "Device Memory", then go to "Pictures" and continue with these instructions from that point.

Elhrisse instructions make the assumption that people are using their Device Memory, when the vast majority use their Media Card. Focus on the Media Card and you should be fine.
    02-18-10 12:33 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD