OK, So I apologize if this is an old question, but I searched and don't see anything about it. My fiance has a curve and her's can hibernate by holding a button on the top left. I know the pouches have the magnet to cause the phones to hibernate (no matter what buttons you push, it doesn't light up. I carry my storm in my pocket but it does not have a case. Is there a way to make the storm hibernate so it doesn't always light up when its in my pocket? My main concern is the battery life.

Thanks,
    01-09-09 01:10 PM
    You can buy an OEM case that puts it to sleep or a holster that does the same.

Basically anything with a magnet built in will put the device to sleep.
    01-09-09 02:10 PM
    I've been trying to find this too. I used to have an 8330. I don't think you can do it... I guess you can just lock it. I've never heard anybody say it makes much of a difference if you lock it or go on standby. I'd think standby would preserve the battery better since the screen doesn't light up when you push buttons though.
    01-09-09 02:12 PM
    I've been trying to find this too. I used to have an 8330. I don't think you can do it... I guess you can just lock it. I've never heard anybody say it makes much of a difference if you lock it or go on standby. I'd think standby would preserve the battery better since the screen doesn't light up when you push buttons though.
    I normally wouldn't be too concerned, but I had a Motorola Q before this, and it always lit up and drained my battery.

My concern is if I'm walking around with it banging around in my pocket and always lighting up, then that'll be a lot of drain.

Oh well. I guess I'll have to get an OEM sleep or case.

Thanks everyone for the help.
    01-09-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD