Hi i am new to the whole blackberry thing and I was wondering how to downloads apps, wall papers and ringtones off this site thanks.
    12-27-08 05:38 PM
    welcome!

Applications can be downloaded to your PC, then installed using desktop manager, or something called OTA (over the air).

If you have a link to install the app, try it OTA first.

Ringtones and wallpapers, just download on your PC and transfer them over by plugging your phone in and open my computer to transfer.

Some sites will also email wallpapers and ringtones, you can then download them directly from your email
    12-27-08 05:42 PM
    welcome to crackberry
    12-27-08 05:45 PM
    Welcome to ur new addiction enjoy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 05:48 PM
    thanks for the welcome
    12-27-08 05:50 PM
    Welcome to the site and to the world of Blackberry.
    12-27-08 05:51 PM
    welcome!

Applications can be downloaded to your PC, then installed using desktop manager, or something called OTA (over the air).

If you have a link to install the app, try it OTA first.

Ringtones and wallpapers, just download on your PC and transfer them over by plugging your phone in and open my computer to transfer.

Some sites will also email wallpapers and ringtones, you can then download them directly from your email
    Sorry to ask but what is desk top manger and OTA
    12-27-08 05:59 PM
    over the air means you go to a web site for a program and when you click on the link it automatically downloads to the phone. Handy but sometimes it is easier to put on your BB with your desk top manager. DM is the software that came with your BB. It is what allows you to sync with a computer and back up your phone which I highly recommend.
    12-27-08 06:04 PM

Hello & welcome to the CB family!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 06:07 PM
    over the air means you go to a web site for a program and when you click on the link it automatically downloads to the phone. Handy but sometimes it is easier to put on your BB with your desk top manager. DM is the software that came with your BB. It is what allows you to sync with a computer and back up your phone which I highly recommend.
    One more question is Desk top manager on one of the cds i received and if so which one
    12-27-08 06:37 PM
    bump........
    12-28-08 01:29 PM
    welcome.

Desktop Manager is the software that comes with BB that sync, update, and many other things your device.

OTA means over the air. This means you can install apps directly from your device.
    12-28-08 01:35 PM
    Yes, Desktop Manager is on one of the CD's that came with your phone. You will want to load it to your desktop/laptop computer so you can hotsync/backup between your phone/computer.

As far as loading programs, some will have to be loaded to your computer than added to your phone through the desktop manager.

Other things such as ringtones, you can have sent right to your phone. There are great/Free tones right here on CB (Downloads/Tools tab) at the top pf the page. This is also a great site for ringtones, www.zedge.net you have to register, but everything is free.

Enjoy!
    12-28-08 01:37 PM
    Thanks for all the help guys/girls without the help I have received from this site I would be lost. Thanks to this site I am finally staring to understand my storm
    12-28-08 01:54 PM
    Glad you're get'n the hang of it. CB rocks.
    12-28-08 01:57 PM
    Welcome to life !
    12-28-08 02:02 PM
    Welcome to life !
    Or rather a lack of life once the BB takes over! j/k
    12-28-08 02:03 PM
    Welcome to CB and enjoy your Storm
    12-28-08 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD