I'm sure this has been around for a while, but since loading .113 from .75 I noticed that while in lock mode, the only way to bring up the screen to see how many messages you have waiting is to hit the end key.

A minor gripe, but it's easier to just touch the screen so you don't have to pull it out of your pocket all the way =P

They probably did this to conserve battery life but the screen stayed off in my pocket anyway due to the capacitive touch screen.
    04-17-09 11:02 PM
    Yeah your right , the reason they did this was for people who put it in the pocket and would bump the phone , and have a dead phone by the end of the day , so i dont see this issue being addressed. I think the change was for the better... and that xtra inch wont kill yeah lol
    04-17-09 11:08 PM
    Maybe an option for those who do like that, but I would prefer it to not respond to the click.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 11:28 PM
    Maybe an option for those who do like that, but I would prefer it to not respond to the click.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Agreed... In my opinion, the screen not turning on due to a touch and click while locked is a major plus. But an option would always be nice.
    04-17-09 11:30 PM
    Agreed... In my opinion, the screen not turning on due to a touch and click while locked is a major plus. But an option would always be nice.
    Yeah , how it is is perfect , who would want the storm to lose battery lol... i mean **** we have a dead phone by the end of the day any ways lol .... so a dead phone by mid day would be no good lol
    04-17-09 11:32 PM
    No, we're not changing it back just for you. Take a hike.
    04-18-09 12:36 AM
    Have anyone notice that when your phone screen is locked and you place it in a leather case. Upon removing, it turns on and unlock? I've been testing that for the past 10 minutes.

While the phone is on, put it in a case, it turns off. Remove it, it turns on. If the screen is locked, upon remove it unlock the screen. Pretty neat.
    04-18-09 01:12 AM
    Have anyone notice that when your phone screen is locked and you place it in a leather case. Upon removing, it turns on and unlock? I've been testing that for the past 10 minutes.

While the phone is on, put it in a case, it turns off. Remove it, it turns on. If the screen is locked, upon remove it unlock the screen. Pretty neat.
    That's the sleeper function if you have a case with the sleeper magnet. The magnet puts the phone to sleep when you put it in and wakes it when you remove it.
    04-18-09 01:21 AM
    really i cant believe people dont like this
    if u dont like it dont press the lock button it dosnt do it if u let it lock by its self
    04-18-09 04:43 AM

That's with the newer versions? I had always wished that there was a way to make it unlock when coming out of sleep in the holster. I ended up just turning off the auto-lock entirely.
    04-18-09 07:54 AM
    That's with the newer versions? I had always wished that there was a way to make it unlock when coming out of sleep in the holster. I ended up just turning off the auto-lock entirely.

I didn't realize this function exist. I purchase an eddie bauer case from Bestbuy Yesterday and to my amazement it was doing exactly just that!

I guess you have to buy a case specifically stated compatible with Storm and not those generic universal case.
    04-18-09 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD