I'm new here. hello to everyone. I just got the storm yesterday and was wondering if there's a way I could keep that little led thing blinking? I saw it blink blue and was wondering how I could keep that on like all of the time. Thanks in advance.
    02-15-09 05:43 PM
    This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It's an indicator that you got a message of some sort. If it was on all the time, you'd never know when you were being told you had a message or not.

It goes off automatically after 15 minutes. Make sure you keep getting messages every 14 minutes and that should do the trick I'd think!
    02-15-09 05:55 PM
    I'm new here. hello to everyone. I just got the storm yesterday and was wondering if there's a way I could keep that little led thing blinking? I saw it blink blue and was wondering how I could keep that on like all of the time. Thanks in advance.
    No can't have the storm blink red all the time but you can have it blink green or blue. If you have the coverage indicator on, it will blink green. If you are connected to something by bluetooth, it will blink blue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 06:01 PM
    No can't have the storm blink red all the time but you can have it blink green or blue. If you have the coverage indicator on, it will blink green. If you are connected to something by bluetooth, it will blink blue.

It should be noted that doing this will use additional battery power, just so you know!
    02-15-09 06:05 PM
    Real Battery Drain... Not what u want exactly StormOFBerries
    02-15-09 06:21 PM
    thanks a lot for all of the responses. yeah I don't think I would turn that on because of the battery loss but I would like to see it. that's what I was thinking the coverage led light. does anyone know how to get to that? also I got those screen protectors and I took the clear sticky one that you're supposed to take off. I followed directions and it didn't work so i just put the one that came with verizon back on until i could go to verizon so they could put the screen protector on.
    02-15-09 06:37 PM
    thanks a lot for all of the responses. yeah I don't think I would turn that on because of the battery loss but I would like to see it. that's what I was thinking the coverage led light. does anyone know how to get to that? also I got those screen protectors and I took the clear sticky one that you're supposed to take off. I followed directions and it didn't work so i just put the one that came with verizon back on until i could go to verizon so they could put the screen protector on.
    I don't use either since it does drain the battery by a good amount and the blinking green light annoys me when I have it sitting on a surface. To turn on the led coverage indicator, go to Options> Screen/Keyboard and in the second group of items it should be labeled as LED Coverage Indicator.

02-15-09 07:46 PM
    thanks so much armak. also should i be updating my software or is it good since i just got it yesterday? cause i know people were saying when it came out it had a problem and they made software updates i believe?
    02-15-09 08:53 PM
    Since you are new to Blackberry's, I would get used to using some of the features before you tackle an update. It is not really that hard and there is some excellent documentation found in these forums. If you go into the Storm Beta thread, the directions are stickied at the top.
    02-15-09 09:04 PM
    By the way, I am new to these forums but not new to the world of Blackberry's.
    02-15-09 09:04 PM
    im surprised no one mentioned this yet. Blackberry alerts is an app that lets you change the LED to anything you want and change your alerts to anything you want. right now my coverage indicator is pink so it blinks like that constantly and bright white when i have a text. you can change it to ANY color you want. it has preset colors or 3 places to do a custom color. its awesome but kinda pricy... worth it in my opinion thou. i couldnt find it in the cb store so this is the only site i know. someone correct me if im wrong. BlackBerry Alerts : Handango
    Last edited by collin16; 02-15-09 at 09:37 PM.
    02-15-09 09:34 PM
    You somewhat of an attention ***** there... maybe just a little bit... just a little...?

Hey look at my phone blink!
    02-15-09 09:39 PM
    thanks so much armak. also should i be updating my software or is it good since i just got it yesterday? cause i know people were saying when it came out it had a problem and they made software updates i believe?
    I would wait until you had your phone for sometime and got used to it before you try updating the OS. Also read around these forms alot theres lots of info you could pick up here.

Welcome aboard!!!
    02-15-09 10:30 PM
    Thanks for the info
    02-15-09 10:41 PM
    thanks to everyone. I'm really sorry for asking so fast. i will try to search the forum before I jump to ask a question.
    02-15-09 11:18 PM
    Welcome to CB, SOB!
    02-16-09 02:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD