This is an email that I received today reminding me about this special event. I couldn't get the actual color ad because the file was to big for this forum. But here is the Header and Text:

Dear Mettec,

Verizon Wireless is very excited to welcome you to the special �First Look First Touch� business event scheduled for this Wednesday, November 12th at the Marriott City Center. Registration begins at 11:15 AM. We would recommend that you plan on arriving prior to this time.

During this event you will learn more about the Verizon Wireless Global Product Suite and you will be introduced to the BlackBerry Storm, the world�s first touch screen BlackBerry.

Event information:
    Marriott City Center
    30 South 7th Street
    Minneapolis, MN 55402
    Map

Very respectfully,
    Verizon Wireless

I doubt that they will be giving any Storm's away but I would think that they will tell us the pricing and release date and maybe just maybe they might have a few to sell. Will update after the event.
    11-10-08 08:28 PM
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is not the first of the "first touch" events. Others have posted their experiences during the previous events, and it's highly unlikely that Verizon will give the release date during any of these.
    11-10-08 08:31 PM
    Sounds like you'll be spending some quality time with the Storm come Wednesday!
    11-10-08 08:31 PM
    Booo! Last Friday the NBC Towers in Downtown Chicago was having a first look event. Unfortunately, it was only from 11am-1pm. I didn't get out of the office until almost 4.
    11-10-08 08:34 PM
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is not the first of the "first touch" events. Others have posted their experiences during the previous events, and it's highly unlikely that Verizon will give the release date during any of these.
    But because this is so close to the projected date that they just might tell us. But just have to wait and see.
    11-10-08 08:40 PM
    Make sure to post back here if you get some "hands-on" time with the Storm, and how much of an abyss for dust and liquids that screen-gap is... I'm no expert, but if it's mentioned 500-million times on a forum board, there MUST be something to it - right?
    *rolls eyes*

Also, could you tell us if the screen is tough enough to withstand a diamond-coated belt sander or stop a rifle bullet? Inquiring minds would like to know, K,Thanx.

(Have fun!)
    11-10-08 09:08 PM
    I'm going to one in my area too on Wednesday. It is at 1:30. I am keeping my expectations low. Just hoping to finally see the little fella in person.
    11-10-08 09:12 PM
    I'm looking forward to a release on Wednesday. The storm is coming this week.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 09:43 PM

You keep saying this. Twice now, actually. Do you really believe this?
    11-10-08 09:50 PM
    You keep saying this. Twice now, actually. Do you really believe this?
    I wouldn't say it twice if I didn't believe it
    11-10-08 10:15 PM
    I wouldn't say it twice if I didn't believe it
    Oh man, you're killin' me here lol
    11-10-08 10:20 PM
    Oh man, you're killin' me here lol
    time will tell...i'm starting to sound like cx lol
    11-10-08 10:26 PM

Hmmm...lets hope this is true.
    11-10-08 10:43 PM
    If you do get hands on, number one priority....check the current OS please.
    11-11-08 09:15 AM
    Oops....just realized mine is a 11:00am. Sure don't want to miss it. We'll have to compare notes........Oh, brother
    11-11-08 09:19 AM
    Make sure to post back here if you get some "hands-on" time with the Storm, and how much of an abyss for dust and liquids that screen-gap is...
    Is the screen gap a major issue with the "Wh-Iphone" (made that one up myself....waiting for applause......anyone...anyone.....) I would assume that with the AT&T one, since it isn't a floating screen, that it would be well sealed. This could be a serious flaw with the Storm, since it is clickable. ie: humidity changes, dust etc...... any thoughts?
    11-11-08 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD