ok, i have a friends 9530 running on verizons network. When i plug it into the usb port its not recognized and the phone has an insufficient power source notification that pops up. I was able to connect it long enough to wipe and reload the 5.0 191 OS. Now when i plug it back in theres no connection at all. I can pull the battery and plug it in and get apploader to recognize it. Like it goes from pin unknown to rec the pin number. I then try to put the battery in like trying to force load an OS. The drop down box then turns blank. If i leave the battery in the phone boots, it acts like its connecting, then when i try to load an OS i get a communication error. If i leave the battery out, i get the no battery icon and the phone will still try to load the OS because it rec the pin number.

Any suggestions as to what to do because i would like to do a restore on it as the prev OS load failed to load the backup. Oh and btw, bbsak doesnt recognize the phone either. I know the drivers are correct because my 9530 has no probs being recognized. Thanks everybody.
    09-05-09 09:37 PM
    I've found .191 to have USB issues, 'tis the reason i'm running .140
    09-05-09 09:51 PM
    what kind of cable you using?

I've found .191 to have USB issues, 'tis the reason i'm running .140
    yes, i got that message on 140 too though with a retractable cable, never has isues before though
    09-05-09 09:52 PM
    yeah its not that because she had a 4.7 build before and DM was having a hard time recognizing it but i finally got it to somehow. So im pretty sure its not the OS itself. I have two theories. 1. that she checked the sync with her computer only and now it wont get recognized by mine but i dunno what happens with that cause ive never done that or dealt with it. 2. There is a leftover IT restriction because it is an insur replacement because when i try to disable the firewall there is a lock on it and the only option i can select is reset settings or whatever which does nothing. Also when she was trying to use facebook on 4.7 it was bring up a firewall access IT restriction error.

And it could just be a hardware issue.
    09-05-09 09:56 PM
    standard OEM cable that came with it
    09-05-09 10:01 PM
    wow, ok, i have no idea what happened but i just left it there forever and it connected, was able to restore and now it instantly connects the new DM on the mac. I dunno if this makes a diff but at one point after initial install the battery was up at 70%, unplugged, did a battery pull, batt back down to 35%, after this last finally recognization and restore batt back up to 70%. Didnt do a reinstall of the OS and the firewall lock is still there.
    09-05-09 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD