Im running the official 5.0 from Verizon. Blackberry Storm.

When im tryping which I have gotten used to the full keyboard in portrait mode vs landscape. I notice that the spellchecker comes on. Which i do have turned off, so I do not know why its still on, but anyways. It auto spell checks the word. and sometimes, Its will add the letter m to whatever im spelling. I frequently use correct grammar in texts. including periods, so what i originally thought was that My finger was just to close to the M key, and thus, adding on an M. But then I tested it on a couple different words.

First I spelled Apple with a . "Apple." I tried it 3 times and sure enough. I did not have any error when i was using the portrait keyboard.

So then I spelled Apple without a . "Apple" and sure enough tthe first time that i attempted to spell apple, the spellchecker added on an m. and then even worse, gave me several more incorrect ways of spelling "apple" with the m added on.

Has anyone had this problem? Or better yet, does anyone know how to turn off the spellchecker completely? I had it turned off in the Options menu, but I could be overlooking something.
    10-29-09 09:01 PM
    Forgot to add that, when I delete a letter or portion to correct the word completely. It usually removes every word, and leaves the M. Confusing
    10-29-09 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD